Chapter Seven - Contracts

The contract wasn't as long as it looked, and thankfully, she was a fast reader. Her eyes were always good, thanks to her job making the jewellery for her grandfather's boutique. Lots of tiny pieces that had to be looked over and put together for that, which made quickly reading this a snap.

At first it was basic business one-oh-one. Neither Arturo nor his company were going to be held liable for any physical or emotional damages, she was entering into this agreement for a period of one month to the hour of signing, he would not abuse her physically or degrade her in public—and the contract also made it clear that Arturo was the one who was going to be defining what abuse was, and what degradation was.

Isla signed the bottom corner of that page. She was satisfied it meant he wouldn't take her to a restaurant and force her to eat off the floor or something at the very least.

The rest was what Arturo would be expecting of her, what she would need to do to make herself presentable in the one month that he would own her.

There were a lot of details here. More than Even Isla had thought of. It kind of reminded her of Fifty Shades of Grey. She was going to have to ask Arturo if he had any plans of watching her while she slept.

She was to shower every day, wear clean clothing and undergarments every day, or nothing at all, with the preference being nothing. Isla figured this was to stop her from rebelling against Arturo by smearing herself in dirt and grease to make it so that he couldn't take her out and have people see her being with him.

She was also to be well prepared for every outing. Her make up and hair were also to be done, and Arturo would provide her with a makeup artist and hair stylist to do those things for her.

Again, she assumed this was to prevent her from dressing like a clown and keep herself away from him.

Failure to abide by any of these stipulations even once would mean that Arturo could terminate the deal.

She skimmed through the rest, through all of the things she was expected to do or wear or say to keep fro embarrassing Arturo in public. She knew what he wanted already. She had to behave like a lady and not try to humiliate him.

What she wanted to get to was the sex.

Then she found it.

She skimmed that part quickly, and then read over her responsibilities again, slower this time to make sure she got it.

She would be staying with Arturo every night. She would be provided with a room, but if he wanted her in his bed, she had to be in his bed. If he wanted her out of his bed, then she would leave his bed. She also had to participate. That part was in big bold, black letters. She couldn't just lie there and act like a corpse apparently. Arturo wanted to fuck someone who was alive and going to contribute, and if he wanted her every night, she would make herself available to him every night. No exceptions.

The list of things he would expect made her blush. Nothing quite so Fifty Shades here. He wasn't into the whole BDSM thing, which she was grateful for, but Isla had never seen a list like this before. A list she would be expected to carry out if he wanted her to.