Chapter Thirty-Nine - She Loved The Bastard

Start from the beginning

"I don't know why I followed you in here, other than I thought a girl shouldn't be walking in the basement parking lot by herself."

"But I made it to the elevator."

Orlando nodded. "I didn't think of that."

Isla glared at Orland from the corner of her eyes. He was a gentleman and everything, but she was pretty sure he was full of shit on this one. He was probably just following her to the top floor to keep her from going off on his brother, not to protect her from rapists in a basement parking lot.

Whatever. She wasn't going to let Orlando being a nice guy stop her from yelling at his prick brother.

The elevator was fast, and the doors opened to that bright space with the high windows. Sylvia was at her desk on the phone. Her brows furrowed at the sight of Isla walking towards Arturo's office door, but she probably didn't get off the phone to say anything because Orlando was with her. He might've even signalled to her to not say anything behind Isla's back as she opened the door.

And when Isla pushed open those doors with the contract still in her fists, she stopped dead at the sight of Arturo in his desk.

And that same leggy blond Isla had met the first time she was in here was sitting on his lap.

Their faces pulled back from each other. There was nothing so obvious as bright red lipstick left over on Arturo's mouth, but it did had that darkened just kissed look.

Even if she hadn't just walked in at this moment, the way his tie was askew, and how his mouth looked, made it clear that she'd been all over him. His hair was even a little messy, like her slender fingers had been in it, gripping the strands tight just minutes before Isla walked in.

She didn't know why she wanted to yell at him for this, but she did. The urge was definitely there. She just wanted to let out an are you kidding me kind of yell. She had to bite down on her lips just to keep that yell from getting out, especially when the blond giggled, pretending to be embarrassed as she slid off of Arturo's lap.

She actually straightened her skirt.

Fucking Christ.

"Sorry, is this someone who works for you?" she asked, looking from Isla to Orlando and Arturo, that annoying smile on her face.

If Isla voiced what she wanted to do right at that moment, the cops might get called on her.

Arturo looked right at Isla, and for some reason, his eyes were darker than usual. "No, you can go now. I'll call you tomorrow."

The vein under Isla's eye twitched. Tomorrow? He was going to call her tomorrow?

The blond whined. Isla couldn't tell if her disappointment was real or faked for manipulation purposes. "Awe, but that's so far away."

"Don't worry about that." Arturo got up from his desk. Isla half expected his pants to be undone, her heart lurched at the thought of what she might see, but they weren't.

Despite Blondy's skirt mess up, his zipper was right where it needed to be.

When Arturo pressed his lips to her perfectly creamy cheek, however, she may have wanted to explode just a tiny bit.

"Go out front and talk to Sylvia. She'll have something for you."

Those big eyes widened at the thought of a gift. "Really? Thank you!" She threw her arms around Arturo's shoulders and kissed him like there weren't two other people in the office watching.

It seemed worse that Arturo allowed it. He didn't exactly embrace her back with the same amount of enthusiasm, but he did hold onto her. His hands seemed to fit nicely on the small of her back. They looked like they could slide down to grip each of her perfect ass cheeks if he just didn't have an audience to watch. Arturo even closed his eyes. He actually closed his eyes.