I sat on the couch as I flipped the tv channels, and settling on a horror movie. Even when my eyes were frozen on the TV screen, but my mind was somewhere else.

It was already 1 in the morning and Zayd has not reached home yet. I was about to reach for my phone to give him a call when I heard the doorbell rang.

Quickly getting up to open the door for him when it struck to me that Zayd has a key, why did he rang the bell?

Gingerly eyeing the peep hole, I saw Zayd standing outside looking dazed out, his arm was up across someone's shoulder and was leaning towards the wall. I could not see clearly who was beside him but I saw a long dark hair. My heart stopped beating, thinking it must be her.

The doorbell rang again. I took a deep breathe and swing open the door. I sighed in relieved when I saw his sister beside him.

"Kakak (big sister), I'm sorry. Abang (big brother) called me to pick him up," Zahirah explained, looking worried and ashamed at his brother's behaviour.

I heard Zayd's mumbling something incoherent under his breath and I quickly unlocked the gate. I let them in and Zahirah dumped Zayd on the couch.

"Kakak, Abang is drunk-"

"I can see that," I interrupted, glancing at him. Not sure what to feel about it.

"I swear I don't know why or what happened, and I promised I won't tell anyone about it. Nobody will know. I swear," Zahirah said as she put up her hand in a swearing position.

"Thank you, Irah."

"Kakak.. Did you... did you guys fight?"

I sighed loudly as I raked my hair back. "To be honest.. I don't know either. He has not been himself lately. I guess it's due to work. Maybe he's so stressed up. He said there's just a lot of projects to handle." Well, it's partly the truth, plus I can't be sure yet on his reason.

Zahirah nodded, satisfied with the answer. "Well then. I better get going. Mama will scream at me for leaving the house and using her car without permission. And at this time?!"

I lead Zahirah out of the house and shut the down. Zayd was already sleeping on the couch. There was no way I was able to carry him to the bed so I guess he will be sleeping on the couch tonight.

The following day when I woke up for fajr prayer (the first prayer of the daily five prayers), I tried waking Zayd up, but he was not responding to me. I sighed as I rose up from the couch to take my wudhu' (ablution). It had been going on for the past few weeks. He have not wake up for fajr and even if he does, he prayed by himself.

After prayer, I tried waking him up again but no avail. So I let him be.

When he finally woke up and showered, I asked him to have breakfast. He was quiet the whole time. When he was done with his toast and egg, I decided it was time.

"What happened last night Abang?"

Zayd kept quiet, sipping on his coffee.

"Abang.. you can't keep to yourself. Sometimes you need to let it out. You can always talk to me," I coaxed him as I put a hand on his arm which he pulled back sharply.

I stared at my hand in shocked, feeling rejected and worthless. That's it!

"So you're going to just keep quiet and ignored me throughout the rest of your life? You're going to pretend that nothing happen here? You came home late and drunk and pretend that never happen! Do you know that I have been waiting for your return last night? No - every night! Every damn night I've waited for you!"

I know my voice was getting higher with every word. I could not help it. I was infuriated and heartbroken and frightened.

"I've never ask you to wait up for me. That was your own doing," Zayd replied, never meeting my gaze.

"Who am I to you?!"

Silence.

"I'm asking you. Who am I to you?!"

Still silence.

"So I'm nobody right?" I concluded as I lowered my voice. "Thank you." I stood up as I stacked all the empty used plates and placed the empty cups on the tray. As I was about to leave, Zayd said, "I'm seeing someone else."

I slammed the tray down on the table, rattling the china cups and plates. "Finally! You've finally admitted! How long do you intended to keep this a secret uh?!"

Zayd stood up and reached out his hand to touch me, to calm me down maybe, but he paused and dropped his hands. "I'm sorry Rabia. I really am."

"Oh really?" I scoffed at him and threw him a glare, folding my arms over my chest. It was a good thing Raouf was not around, or he might witnessed the argument between us. "So if you were really sorry, why don't you break it off? Why are you still hanging on to her?"

"Because I love her. I'm going to make her my second wife."

I swore I had just died.

-----

A/N: Oh My Allah! I would have died too if I was in her shoes!

I swear this had no link to my love life. And Nauzubillah - i hope it never happen.

So what do you think about Zayd? It's tough uh? To fall in love with 2 women. Well nothing is impossible.

Remember to support me in the #justwriteit challenge and vote for me ok? Thank you all!