TBTL Chapter 8⃣

TORN BY TWO LOVERS CHAPTER 8⃣

➕Amber POV➕

The last words that I heard before I drifted off to sleep were, "I'm not really a mean person," and I didn't respond to it, just held my phone near to my chest and closed my eyes.

I haven't had the track of time on how many minutes we had to reach our destination, because I was asleep, Sean just got me awake when we finally arrived at Rosie's.

Rosie's, they say that it was a cheap ice cream parlor, I can say that the neon lights outside the store is really having a vintage vibe to it. I can't really describe the over-all appearance of the store because it gave me the creeps, like it left me wondering if was it really an ice cream parlor.

"Sorry for brining you here, I just wanted to hang out in this place," he sighed his eyes wandering dreamily, inspecting every curve and line of this store. "Just tell me where do you like, and we would go there," now I am feeling guilty on why I reacted so blank when I saw the place.

It was obvious that Sean loved this place because of all classy restaurants or anything, he picked this, it seemed that it had marked his life, this is what he values despite all things that have greater quality than this.

"You love this place so there has to be a spark and wow factor," I smiled, hoping to take away his skepticism, I wanted to know every detail in Sean's life and it would start with this.

"Don't judge a book by its cover, remember?" I smirked. He just laughed at ushered me to go inside, I hope I'd be astonished by the insides.

I take meticulous steps, enough to be looking elegant as we enter the parlor. And to my great surprise, I found Caylee, Maisy, Yannee, Ro, Edith, Gerald and Lawrence in one table, having their ice creams in bowls. I was taken aback. I didn't expect to see them here, maybe they don't trust Sean at all.

As they see me, I just flinched and greeted them, I am now super uncomfortable but I can't help but admire the beauty inside Rosie's.

The floor, wooden floor that is palpable that it was being polished everyday, the walls that were painted by the color scheme of sunset, it is too comforting to be inside this store when you have your spying best friends having their eyes glued on you. Let me continue, curtains draped the windows, large windows of Rosie's. And the smell, gosh, the smell, it made me think that I am in heaven already.

I am happy that Sean brought me here, it made all the stress and pain go away but the tugging disturbing feeling inside of me due to my friends' presence is still bugging me.

"Amber! Sean! Sit with us?" Edith's shrill came out of her mouth and wiggled her eyebrows, oh, this is not good, Caylee is here and so is Sean and I don't want her to tease me about Sean and me together because Caylee will hate me forever. When I say hate, it is pure hate because she wouldn't talk to me or anything. I pushed away that thought.

Sean is beside me, obviously finding this situation so awkward because he is the odd one out. They are my friends and not his. But they can be his friends.

I looked from my friends to Sean, "do you want to sit with them?" I asked, and all I needed was an honest answer, because he brought me here for a reason.

He looked away from me, "if that's what you want." Then he started to go to that cold attitude and closed one, I don't feel cool about this because I know he wanted to share something with me and now he doesn't feel like it.

"We'll have another table, sorry!" I apologized to my friends and one look at Caylee, she is already fuming, she has to forgive me because I needed to do this, not for me but Sean, I know that he needs to vent out whatever is or are bothering him.