05.

//05.

Kylie.

I tried slipping out of his strong grasp on my body, but it was no use. The door flew open and there stood Ralph in the doorway.

"I need you to look around someone's house for me. Ya know, get some information." he said, a cigarette drooping from the corner of his mouth.

"Okay, who's house?" I asked, finally getting out of Dark's strong grip.

"John MacAvoy's house." he told me, puffing out a perfect ring of smoke.

I snapped my head up at the name. I remember that name from somewhere, I just don't know where. "What's the address?" I wondered, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen off of Dark's desk.

"East 9437." he stated as I wrote the address down on the paper.

"Wow, that's only like 10 houses away." I chuckled to myself, heading downstairs. I put on my white high heels that went along with my outfit and looked around for my leather jacket. Hmm..I didn't know where it was, so I grabbed a black hoodie off the rack.

I put it on, and I'll admit. It was prettyyyy big on me. It looked like it would fit Dark perfectly, but maybe it's not his. I thought for a second before I grabbed the car keys off the table. Do I really need the car keys if it's only 10 houses away?-

 Naah. I swung the front door open and walked outside, closing it softly behind me.

I walked down the sidewalk, putting my hands in the hoodie pockets. I pulled out everything that was in the pockets to look for the address I had written down on a piece of paper. There was a cigarette pack, a lighter, and a pocket knife aside from the address. Yep, it's Dark's jacket.

I shoved everything else but the address back in the hoodie pockets.

"East 9437" I thought to myself.

I was still walking, and I'm pretty much halfway there. I could see the house now from where I was at. It was a bland house, grey on the outside, no decorations, a few trees, and some broken windows. I squinted my eyes to see if I could spot a car in the driveway, or a figure inside the house. Nope, the coast was clear.

I walked up the driveway, pushing the hair out of my face that the wind was blowing, and shoved my hands back in my pockets.

"Ouch!" I hissed, holding my finger. There was a tiny cut on it from the pocket knife..I guess I left the pocket knife open after I put it back in. Whoops.

I wondered inside the house, looking around at my surroundings. There were paintings everywhere, ripped up couches, and don't even get me started on the kitchen.

I chuckled to myself and looked around the living room. Not the nicest living room if I do say so myself. Its all shaggy and old, nothing like the bad houses you see in movies. There was a plain white D.V.D. laying casually on the coffee table in front of a T.V.

I walked over to it, running my fingers across the couch that I painted black last night, as I made my way over to the D.V.D. It looked brand new, but it also looked like it was previously used. I picked it up, and written in black sharpie on the front of the disk said, "Dark's mistake."

I wonder what that meant..Either it's the Dark that I can't stand, or a different Dark..but come on. Who else do you know named Dark? You know what I mean?

I shook my head and bit my lip thinking about if I should put it in the D.V.D. player or not. I sighed as I put the small disk into the D.V.D. player, picking up the remote from off of the T.V. stand. I sat down on the couch and pressed play waiting for the video to start. The couch wasn't that comfy, I'll tell you that. It smelled like old sweat and dirt.