Chapter 4: We're Famous!

Yup, I pretty much crashed out after prom. I throw myself on my bed and think about my mom. She hasn't seen me in a few days. I decide to call her. The line rings for a few seconds and she picks up.

"Hey mom."

"This isn't your mom." a raspy voice says.

"Fuck!" I mumble under my breath. "David?" David is my preteen cousin. He's in the pranking/rebel phase.

"No," the voice says. "If you want to talk to your mom then meet me at the abandoned warehouse."

"Wait, where?!" I say but I'm interrupted by the beeping of the phone.

I curse and throw my phone at the wall. Alan opens my door, does he not know my rule and he has the worst timing ever.

"What happened?" I can't be mad at him for being nice.

"Just some person trying to mess with my head, don't worry about it, kid."

He smiles, "Kid? I prefer to be called a 19 year old child."

"Same difference."

"Is not."

"Is too."

This argument goes on until he leaves. Do I like him? What is this feeling, my hearts beating fast and I get heartaches when he leaves. Nah, I should probably go get that checked at the hospital. I laugh it off and decide to walk to Aaron's office. I was too much in a good mood that I forgot that I was mad at him. Yeah, holding a grudge is 'uncool' but he thought I can't handle myself. Way to boost my self confidence, Aaron. I start to walk back but it's too late.

"Valeria?"

"Yesss?" I say. 'Damn, I almost had it.'

"Why are you ignoring me?" he asks.

Flustered, I answer, "You sent guys to watch me?"

"No, I never did because I know that your capable of much more."

"Nice cover up."

"I'm being serious, Val."

"Then who were the guys following me?" I cover my mouth. "Shit."

I start to walk back towards my room. Aaron keeps following probably questioning my every step. I shut the door on him and call my mom again. Ring ring. Straight to voicemail. I keep calling and sigh. I pack up my stuff and head home. I call a cab. Aaron is talking to me.

"What happened? Do you need money? Where are you going?"

"I'm going on a business trip, no I don't need money and a personal problem," I say. "One question, what is the abandoned warehouse?"

"It's that warehouse we went to last time when I taught you how to deal, drug gangs only know about it, that used to be Delgado's favorite hangout."

I give the driver my address and tell him to step on it. I leave Aaron confused on the sidewalk. I get to my house and I tell the driver I'll be a minute. I put my stuff away and I don't see Tim. Did my mom wake up and realize what a bitch he was? It's unusually clean, it's quiet, too quiet. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I drop my bags and run back to the cab but it's not there. Crap. Now I have to walk there. I'm not running because I'll have to run when they're shooting at me. I start to walk to the warehouse.

Before I get there, I see a black van pull up next to me. Somebody's covered my mouth and pulls me into the van. I'm tired of being kidnapped. I notice the back of this van. 

"I figured you needed a ride."  he smirks. 

The van speeds to the warehouse. We get there and head in like a boss. I bust open every door. I was so scared the first time I was here but I recognize everything. I sigh and rub my head, 'Goddammit mom, what did you get yourself into?'  I finally open the one big door and of course there's my mom, tied up in a chair with guys surrounding her. It must run in the family. There's one guy that is next to her, slightly leaning on the chair for support, with a gun in his hand.