Chapter 3: Prom.

So, you know the usual, cliche, dream prom every teenager has? Well that was the complete opposite of mine. It's Thursday and I'm sitting in a gang hideout, smoking weed. Stay away from drugs, kids! Man, my life is messed up.

Aaron walks in the room. He sits on the couch and Gabriel passes him a blunt. I admit, it is very awkward being the only girl that is not a stripper here. I still want to figure out how old my co-workers are. I think, Gabriel looks like he just turned 20. Lucas and Dylan look like teenagers. I still don't know about Aaron. 20? 45? 19 1/2? What's with this guy? All this thinking is getting me a headache.

"Did you know that SpongeBob and Patrick smoke seaweed?" Gabriel laughs.

"This is why you ended up as a dealer, Gabriel." Aaron chuckles.

I don't get what's so funny. I stand up and walk to my room. Somebody's walking into their room across the hall. It's a boy. He notices me and walks over to me. 

"Are you lost?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Nah, I live here." He points at the door across from mine.

"Well, same."

"A girl lives here?" he lifts his arm, scratching the back of his head. "Are you stripper?"

"Are you underestimating me?" I smirk, chuckling. "I'll kick your ass to next week, Mr. Esparaza." 

"Is that a challenge?" his eyes instantly sparkle.

"Only if you're not too chicken, Bawk Bawk." I start mimicking a chicken squawking.

"I would accept your challenge but I'm not a woman beater." How more perfect can he be?

It takes me about five minutes to learn about his whole past. His parents divorced right after his older brother died by suicide. He started doing drugs and then he met Aaron when he was in a really bad place. I understood his loss of a loved one by suicide. My dad killed himself because he thought he was a really bad parent and didn't deserve anymore years breathing. This guy's name is Alan Esparaza and he doesn't even go to school because he thinks there's no point in learning anything.

I hug him full of sympathy. He chuckles, "This isn't a sob story, so don't be sad."

I go to my room, all my friends are co-workers, druggies, murderers and High School dropouts. Tomorrow's gonna be my first deal alone. I'm scared that I'll mes something up. I'll act cool. I sleep the rest of the night, remembering my father.

~Next Morning~

I get up and dress in a ripped up t-shirt and some ripped up faded jeans. I throw my hair in a braid. I want to look good but not flashy. I walk over to Aaron's office. Aaron's there shuffling through papers and checking his phone every few seconds. Sounds like he's actually working. I plop myself on his desk.

"Making sure I won't get killed with my deal?"

"I'm making sure there's actually gonna be a deal." 

"Ooh, sounds frustrating."

"It is, you can leave to your deal now." He scribbles on a piece of paper and hands it to me.

"Is this even an address?"

"Just go." he shoos me out of his office.

I walk out of the door. I nervously walk towards the address on the paper. I eventually get there. A guy in all blacks and shades is there pacing in circles.

"Uh, are you Lugo?"

"Yes, shh, follow me." he pointed to a nearby alley.

I follow him. His voice is shaky, "I'm not actually the dealer but the dealer's apprentice."