Chapter 25

Kairi sat down the little girl named Amber and smiled, "I need to go back to the palace. Be good, okay?" She said as she patted the girls head and she nodded.

"I will. I want to grow up and become strong and pretty like you!" Kairi grinned as she got back up and headed to the palace. She walked up the steps to the palace and seen Chaka blocking the way from marines. "Chaka, what's going on?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, princess Kairi." He replied.

"Lying to us will only harm your country." The marine said as Usopp and Sanji walked past.

"Marines, I'd appreciate it if you didn't call us liars. First, there's no proof that pirates are here. Please leave." She crossed her arms. The marine sighed. "My people are trying to fix up the capital and you marines are getting in the way." Kairi then turned and walked up the stairs.

A little while later, Kairi walked into the room right behind Zoro.

"Oh, Luffy. You woke up." He said.

"Oooh. He's awake!"

"Zoro! Long time no see! Kairi, it's been a while." Luffy said and Kairi sweat dropped. "Wait a minute..." Chopper started yelling at Zoro for taking off his bandages. "Long time no see? It's been a while? Why'd I say that?"

"Probably because it has been long. You've been asleep for three entire days!" Usopp informed.

"Three days?! Three whole days?!"

"Yea." Kairi replied jumping over him, landing behind him. She started pulling on his face.

"I missed fifteen meals."

"You've still got a big appetite, I see." Kairi said. "It's no surprise you were able to do the math when it comes to food."

"By his count that's like five meals a day!"

"I heard the captain's awake." Terracotta, Igaram's wife, said walking in. "Dinner will be served shortly. I hope you're all hungry."

"Hey! Old tube haired guy, you're still alive?!" Luffy asked a bit surprised.

"So that cross dressing thing really wasn't just an act!" Zoro said.

"No everyone, you're mistaken. This is Terracotta, she's Igaram's wife and the head of the palace's servers." Vivi informed.

"Thank you for helping Vivi, Kairi, and my husband."

"I would have helped Kairi out anyway. She's my sister." Luffy replied, shocking Terracotta a bit.

"I heard the captain eats a lot so I had my staff put together a little snack to tie you and your friends over." She pointed at the cart full of food. Luffy pulled Kairi's hands from his cheeks.

"Thank you." He then gulped all of it down in one go.

"Greedy pig!" Zoro and Sanji yelled as Kairi bonked him on the head which didn't phase him because she didn't use Haki.

"I'm gonna eat three whole days worth of food, lady."

"Oh, a challenge. Good! I'm looking forward to it! I've never lost to anyone's stomachs so eat to your heart's content!"

***

They all started scarfing down food like there was no tomorrow leaving the guards watching them in disgust. They were even surprised at seeing Kairi eat like that.

"Kairi, when did you start eating that much?" Vivi asked and Kairi put a hand on her chin.

"Mmmm... When I lived with Luffy, Ace, and a bunch of other people, if you didn't fight for your food you wasn't gettin' any. We also had to-" She covered her fist in Haki and punched Luffy's hand.