Chapter 22

"Poor princesses, this desert is where you both die." He said trying to kick Kairi. Kairi sheathed her sword and caught his ankle. She slammed him into the ground just as Carue got up and put Vivi on his back.

"Let's get going." Kairi said hopping onto Serenity as they took off. He got up and followed after them on foot.

"You hear me?! There's no escape for you! Just give up now! Okay?!"

"No. If you go straight, we'll be cornered on the stairway!" Vivi exclaimed and Carue turned and headed for the cliff. "What are you doing? That way's a cliff." He quacked and they both started running up the cliff.

"You can't be serious! Those ducks are actually running up a sheer face of a cliff!" Mr. 2 exclaimed. They started slowing down when they neared the top and Kairi held her hands out. They flew up and landed at the top.

"Surely Mr. 2 won't be able to follow us at this point." Vivi said looking down just to see Mr. 2 running up the cliff. They looked ahead of them and seen fighting. "Carue, do you think you'll be able to make it through the battlefield?" He quacked. "We'll never be able to find Kohza in all this confusion, so we'll look for Chaka instead. We need to reach the royal palace. We have to make it before the rebel army reaches the center of the city. We must." Mr. 2 jumped up to the ground.

"I'm here!" They took off running and Kairi let go of Serenity. She flew off and turned to face Mr. 2.

"You've chosen the wrong person to attack, cross dresser." She said as she approached him. She moved her head to the side, dodging his kick. She ducked under his second kick and then slammed the butt of her sword in his stomach. She then covered her fist in Haki and punched him straight down on his head. He crashed into the ground and she glared at him.

"Carue!" Vivi yelled and Kairi's head jolted to look at Vivi. He continued running after taking a bullet and Kairi switched air spaces and was back on Serenity. After they got out of the fighting, Carue fell and a bloodied Mr. 2 was following them.

"Dammit. I thought that punch did him in. We don't have time to be fighting these guys." Kairi growled. Carue started quacking as Mr. 2 ran towards them.

"Just give up! I told you it's no use! Stay out of my way duckies! And maybe you won't get hurt okay?!" He let out a loud quack.

"No! Stop!" Vivi yelled just as two more ducks appeared and headbutted Mr. 2.

"Nice work there, captain Carue." Sanji said and Kairi grinned. "You did a damn good job."

"Sanji, you're here." Vivi said.

"At ease ducks. You can stand down." They saluted him. "Now Vivi, Kairi, don't you both have a rebellion to stop? Go on. I'll take care of this creep."

"You really should stay out of my way! But first, just who are you?"

"Go on."

"Come on, Vivi." Kairi said grabbing Vivi's wrist and pulling her up. "Serenity, you help them take care of Carue. Now, let's go." They took off running. Vivi started slowing down as she thought about everyone. Kairi sped her up by pulling on her wrist.

Soon enough, they reached a barricade.

"Halt. Are you aligned with the rebel army?" Kairi looked down at Vivi who was out of breath.

"The only thing ahead of here in the North block is the royal palace. Do you understand me?"

"If you two aren't apart of the battle, leave this area at once."

"Hey! Are you listening?! This place is no playground?! You get it!"

"I know that!" Vivi snapped.