Chapter 23

Just as Chaka got ready to attack, the guardians showed up, busting down the doors, "The guardians!"

"The Kicking Claw Force." Vivi said as they all turned and looked at the four.

"Don't attack, men." Cobra ordered. "You'll only be throwing your lives away!"

"Your Majesty, defending you to the death is not only our mission, it is the highest honor and privilege. Therefore, we cannot simply avoid him."

"He is one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea." Arrow said.

"The only way to beat him is to fight dirty." Hyota said and Kairi narrowed her eyes.

"We four are as one!"

"We fight for your honor." Barrel said.

"To set things right." Brahm said.

"It seems that you have quite the reputation. Therefore, I will spare your lives. Leave now and go home." Crocodile said.

"We can't do that! There is another reason we will not withdrawal!"

"Reason?"

"If the rumors are true and you really are the ringleader, the architect of this whole rebellion..." Arrow trailed off as markings appeared on their arms.

"What have you men done?" Chaka asked distressed.

"Chaka, what's happening to their bodies?" Vivi asked wide eyed.

"I fear, to temporarily increase their power, they drank the fatal elixir. It grants incredible strength, but then, kills the host. They're dead men." He explained.

"Those idiots." Kairi muttered as she stepped forward and took a deep breath.

"Princess Kairi, what are you doing?" Chaka asked as Kairi slowly put her hand out in front of her with her palm facing outwards. She ran towards them, using Fishman Karate and her air, she hit them in certain points of their stomach and arms. A second later, they all coughed up the elixir and fell unconscious. "What did you just do?" He stared at her in shock.

"Since it wasn't in their bodies long, I was able to use Fishman Karate to force it back up and out of their system." She replied nonchalantly.

"That wasn't very nice." Crocodile said and Kairi turned her icy glare on him. Chaka transformed into a Jackal and raced towards Crocodile angrily as Crocodile just laughed at them. He hit Crocodile in the stomach and Crocodile's stomach turned to sand. They watched as Crocodile beat Chaka down and Kair growled.

"Chaka!" Vivi screamed.

"Weakness is a crime punishable by death. Your little princess surpassed you on power. That's pretty sad." Crocodile said while laughing.

"Vivi, Kairi." A voice came from beside the building and they turned to see Kohza. Kairi's eyes widened.

"Kohza..." They both whispered.

"It's you. I see you came through the shortcut you used to use." Cobra mumbled.

"This can't be. What am I seeing here? I came in hope of persuading the Royal Army, but...Chaka... And the king is about to be killed by this country's hero. I also wasn't expecting Princess Kairi to be here. I can't believe my eyes." Crocodile started laughing.

"Now things are starting to get interesting! Here we are in the midst of an epic war, and yet the leaders of both sides aren't on the battlefield. Fate has placed them squabbling at my feet. A battle to the death between two broken titles bleeding out the last remnants of their power!"