I knew you wouldn't want to, desperate to see me that bad?

"I'm perfectly fine with my new soulmate," I replied, nodding towards Gary.

How is that even remotely funny?

I raised an eyebrow. "Do I sense a hint of jealousy?" I asked, turning down one of the aisles, an assortment of clothes catching my eye.

Jealous? Of that guy? I poo-poo your ridiculous accusations.

I chuckled as my hand brushed over a familiar fabric I'd not felt in a long time.

My eyes lit up as I pulled a beautiful black leather jacket from the rack.

"It's gorgeous!" I exclaimed, running a finger over the thin red stripe that ran from the shoulders, down the front to the bottom of the jacket.

Try it on.

I took a quick moment to look over towards Gary. He still was still sifting through various pill bottles furiously.

I pulled my hoodie off and slid the jacket on. It fell over my slender frame, feeling like a second skin.

I grinned. "Perfect."

Check yourself out.

I looked up. A full length mirror stood at the end of the aisle between the two racks, resting against the wall.

My dreadful appearance made my smile vanish. My hair looked as if a bomb exploded within it, scattering it in various places. My face was caked with dirt, as if it became an extra layer of skin, hiding my freckles.

Still look good to me, baby!

I took the jacket off, returning it to its hanger, wanting to keep it clean for as long as I could. I began searching for other clothing that was in my size.

After a few moments, I found two pairs of cargo pants, a pair of Nike running shoes and a few Under Armor shirts that would do nicely.

I was about to strip off my pants when I felt eyes upon me.

Gary was at the end of the racks, a few bottles of pills resting in his hand. He swallowed, looking me up and down as if I was a piece of meat, ready to be devoured for the main course.

You realize you don't have a shirt on?

I looked down and sure enough, I was only in my sports bra.

I got to say, this rough dieting has done your body good. Could grate cheese off those abs!

I narrowed my eyes, clenching my jaw. "Little privacy."

I wasn't asking.

"Oh, right. I'll just...be over here."

His eyes lingered over my bare stomach. My eyes went to the pill bottles, trying to see what he had, but he turned and walked away before I could catch a glimpse of the labels.

Geesh, I bet he's going to rub one out.

"Kip!"

What? A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Ha!

I shook my head, pulling off my old pants.

Phoenix?

"Hmm?" I replied, pulling on my newly acquired pants up.

I love the commando look!

****

I took another half hour, searching every rack for anything I could stuff in my pack that would be useful.