Chapter 26 : A Love to Kill

A tear dropped from Jessica's eye. She looked at Yuri for an answer.

"Is it true?"

"I'm not lying. I just think that she can't go to the orphanage anymore. Too dangerous."

Yuri hesitated.

Jessica wiped her tears and asked again, "is it? true?"

"I can explain."

Jessica's heart fell to the bottom of her stomach. That was not an answer she expected.

"Why?" she choked on her tears.

"You were weak, Sica. You were distracted. You were endangering yourself by keep coming back to the orphanage. You know how the organization

works, they lure you out using bait. And they will use the orphanage."

Jessica couldn't believe her ears. It was true. Yuri wasn't denying.

"I did a lot of stupid stuff lately. Including tonight,"

"You did it for me?" Jessica took a deep breath, "you hurt my family for me!?" Jessica screamed.

"You're going to kill yourself. We are at war."

"They are my family! Seohyun is traumatized! Mother had no place to live! The children? what about the children?"

"I want to protect you," Yuri's voice softens.

I will make a new world for you, for people like us to live in."

Jessica bit her lower lip. It was painful to hear everything Yuri said. She had believed her in every way, followed her when she asked. She leaned on her

when she was weary and last night they were in each other arms.

"I can't?," Jessica stuttered.

Yuri pleaded, "no."

"They are my family," Jessica wiped her tears, "you promised me you'll bring me back to them?."

"I did that for you," Yuri walked closer.

"There are things she'd better off oblivious."

"I can't forgive what you did," Jessica made a spark in her hand, "I can't."

Yuri heaved a heavy breath and clenched her teeth to hold her tears inside. Jessica's eyes turned blue, her whole body covered with lightning. Yuri knew

it would turn out this way, the moment she decided to burn the orphanage.

She was scared. She was scared to see Jessica endanger herself again. She was afraid she'd lose her like she almost did at the organization's

headquarters.

Jessica kept coming back to the orphanage, watching them, and Yuri was afraid the organization will get to her when she did. Burning the orphanage,

blaming the organization was the only thing she could think of to keep Jessica safe.

And now she faced the consequences, she was standing in front of Jessica, ready to attack. She had to fight her.

**

"Taeyeon!" Siwon called his puny partner.

"Yep?"

"Eeteuk-hyung is trapped under this car."

Taeyeon lifted a car from the ground and threw it away, freeing Eeteuk from under it.