Chapter 20 : A Promise

Seohyun hugged her Keroro doll and lied down on the bed. She scrolled down her phone book menu in her cell phone and stopped at the name Yoona.

She pressed the call button.

She counted the dial beeps and it cut off at the fifteenth beep before it went to the voice mail service. She sighed. She had been trying to call Yoona for

hours already but she was not answering.

"Where are you?" she rolled over on her bed.

Then Jessica crossed her mind. She dialled Jessica's cell phone and the ringtone rang from her drawer.

Seohyun jumped down the bed, still hugging the green frog doll, and opened her drawer. Jessica's cell phone was in there, moving by the vibration and

ringing.

Jessica left her cell phone at the orphanage when she ran away, her glasses, her purse, her wallet, her everything.

"Why is everyone suddenly gone out of reach?"

**

The breakfast was like cold war. Jessica and Yuri would exchange deadly glares from time to time.

After the ramen, Yuri brought dumplings, one for each person, well, she left out Jessica for some reason. Jessica frowned and pouted the whole day.

At night, Jessica tip toed from her room to the kitchen, she opened the refridgerator, she was thirsty.

Something caught her eyes. Yuri's ma juice.

The next morning, Yuri screamed in horror.

"Who the hell messed with my juice!?"

Jessica swapped the juice with herbal shampoo.

Then, came the next morning. Jessica stretched her body and yawned. "Ah, nice morning," she smiled.

After her small childish retaliation to Yuri, she was satisfied and had a really good night sleep.

"What is this smell?" she sensed something wrong.

She sat up on her bed and found cucumbers all around her.

Yuri was downstairs, counting down from five, "one, two, three."

"Yuri!" Jessica ran down the stairs, her eyes were red and she was sweating like crazy.

"Yes?" Yuri smiled.

"You! That was over the line!"

"Hey, that is for my ma juice," Yuri nodded, satisfied.

"You know how much I hate cucumbers," Jessica wiped her teary eyes, "I hate you."

Yuri's heart stopped when she saw the tears. "Are you? crying?" Yuri stuttered.

Jessic turned away and walked to the gazebo.

"Si-Sica?" Yuri bit her lower lip, "dang!"

A cold mineral water bottle hit her head.

"What the hell did you do?" Taeyeon asked.

"I...," Yuri dropped to the rug and sighed, "I crossed a line."

She looked to her wrist where a bracelet should be and she sighed again and again. "I made her cry."

**

Jessica was crying at the gazebo when Taeyeon tapped her shoulder.

"Hey."