After Zayd left for work, I prepared to send Raouf for his kindergarten class. I pulled the instant hijab over my head and grabbed my purse. I helped Raouf put on his bag and we left the house to his school.

Luckily his school was located nearby. It took us approximately 10 minutes to reach. There were already a few students and parents or guardians around the school premises, I shoved Raouf towards his class as I hated waiting around because apparently some parents here just love to gossip. I would rather be a loner than a gossip-monger.

We said our goodbyes and as usual I promised Raouf that I would fetch him 4 hours later.

As I was about to walk back home, the gossipers saw me and started whispering among themselves. Then I overheard one of them spoke out loud, "I don't know how she takes care of him. If she had been a good wife, he wouldn't go and find some other woman."

I sighed as I closed my eyes for a moment. I knew this would happen. I should not have let them tempt me into admitting my problems. But it happened and I accepted because I believe in qada' and qadar (fate and destiny).

I walked away before more harsh words were thrown at me. Once I reached home, safely behind closed door, I burst out crying.
------
Flashback

Call me OCD or whatever but I believed every married housewife would have the habit of cleaning the house over and over again. Almost everyday I tried my best to make sure that I have a clean house so Zayd would feel stress-free when he reached home.

Every time Zayd left his toothbrush on the sink or left his wet towel on the bed, it was me who put it back to its right place. Of course, I would do so without nagging at him.

Then one night, while Zayd decided to go out for awhile to the shop to buy some ice cream because Raouf begged for it, he had left his phone behind. He never leave his phone lying around at home.

The phone rang a few times but I ignored it because I respect his privacy. But it kept ringing and it kind of irritates me.

I decided to take a peek at it. The name stated on the screen was "Fad". I have never heard his name before. I knew his friends and none of them named Fad or even near to it. I wondered if it was an emergency so I pick it up.

"Hello sayang!(love) What took you so long to pick up?" An unfamiliar sultry female voice spoke. It gave me a shock and I immediately put it down.

Who was that? Why did she call him sayang? What in the world is going on? Astaghfirullah hal'azim. (I seek forgiveness from Allah the Almighty.)

When Zayd came home, he had smiles on his face. He gave me one of the ice-cream cone while another for Raouf. Raouf immediately gobbled it up without a word.

I eyed Zayd without a word. Watching his every move, made me realise that I was missing out something. I realised he was being nervous, glancing at his phone every few minutes. When he smiled at Raouf, he had a very bright smile, but when it comes to me, his smile doesn't reach his eyes. He looked guilty and afraid of something.

My stomach churned at the thought of the call. If all these signs and the call does have a meaning, I have no idea what will I do.

After putting Raouf to bed, I waited for Zayd in the bedroom, wringing my hands together and silently praying that all of these were just my imagination.

It took about 15 minutes for Zayd to finally appear. I was already feeling restless and tired from the afternoon's house chores, cooking and attending to Raouf's needs and homework.

Zayd ignored me as he switched on the bedside lamps and off the lights over our heads. He laid down on the bed without taking off his shirt and turned away from me, facing the window.

"Abang. Can I ask you something?"

No respond.

"Abang? You asleep?"

"What? Can't it wait for tomorrow? I'm very tired and I need my sleep."

My heart stopped, startled at his words. Although his words were not harsh but it cuts me like a knife.

It has been awhile since he touched me, but it never occurs to me that there must be something more to it than "tired and sleepy".

I kept quiet, contemplating on if I should just let it slip or should I pursue it. My mind and heart were not been cooperative with each other. My mind was telling me to let it go, while my heart wants me to find out more.

I closed my eyes and pray in my heart that this was all my imagination, trying to sleep it off.
----

A/N: Hey! I'm entering this book for the Take The Pledge Challenge #justwriteit #Watty2015

Do support and vote for my book! Thank you so much!