Chapter 5 : What Sisters Do

Start from the beginning

Seohyun looked away.

"So," Yoona sipped her tea before finishing her sentence, "is she cold to whoever that closes to you or just to anybody?"

The younger girl laughed.

Jessica came out and coughed abruptly.

"Unnie?" Seohyun smiled while Yoona took a step farther from Seohyun.

"Hyunnie, Rudy threw up and the other kids are playing with his puke, can you clean it up?"

Seohyun rotated her eyes in disbelieve.

Yoona's cell phone beeped. "Sorry." She got a message.

Seohyun pulled Jessica closer to her and whispered, "what are you doing?"

"What?" Jessica whispered back.

"Stop doing whatever you're doing!" Seohyun hissed.

"I'm not doing anything!" Jessica jeered.

"Excuse me," Yoona cut the whispering two.

Seohyun pushed Jessica away, "yeah?"

"I have to go," Yoona gave her tea glass to Seohyun, "thanks for the breakfast."

Yoona went inside to grab her belongings and hopped down the porch.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" asked Seohyun.

Yoona looked back and nodded, "yes." Yoona bowed to Jessica before ran off again.

Seohyun waved her hand. She and Jessica watched Yoona went out the orphanage gate.

"So, Unnie," Seohyun tugged her unnie, "what do you think about her?"

"Why do you ask how I think about her? What is she to you?" Jessica retorted.

"Nothing, it's just if you think she is okay, then?."

"Then what? Finish that sentence, Seo Juhyun!"

"Oh, forget it," Seohyun went inside the orphanage.

"Wait, Hyunnie!"

**

Yuri found Taeyeon in front of a small ice cream parlour, eating a double deck ice cream.

"Taengoo!" she called out.

Taeyeon turned to her, "oh, Yuri-ah, you're alive."

"Why do you sound so casual? I survived Kim Hyoyeon," Yuri made it sound like a big deal.

"Okay, sorry. I'm glad you're okay," Taeyeon offered Yuri her ice cream.

"No, thanks," Yuri refused, "we need to go to the orphanage now. Hyoyeon and Sunny were from the hospital before, right? They knew about the girl.

We need to get to her before them."

Taeyeon stopped Yuri, "relax, we're going there in an hour or two."

"What? We have to go now!"

"I would love to, but I need to have my wound heal first."

"Wound?"

Taeyeon lifted her left foot, it was bleeding.

"You got shot?"

"Yep."

Yuri smacked her own forehead and crouched in desperation, "out of all people, you, a Potential got shot."

Taeyeon chuckled, "Sunny was an excellent shooter. Good thing they use live ammo on us, huh?"

"Don't laugh. Just heal."

"That's why I'm eating ice cream."

Like it would help.Yuri sighed. Taeyeon was a Potential with no limitation of power, unlike Yuri. But Taeyeon was too carefree and that was scared

Yuri the most. Her ignorance will kill her someday.

**

Jessica sat on the swing under the old oak tree. She was watching the sunset. Jessica knew she would be stuck here for at least today. Mother won't let

her go home so she didn't bother asking. It has been too long since she watched sunset in the orphanage. She will savour this moment.

She closed her eyes.

Images flashed before her, a guy with a hunting knife and blue lights. And then the grand piano, the theatre hall and a guy named Eeteuk. And Yuri. The

girl already made a sturdy spot in Jessica's heart and mind. She didn't even know who Yuri is.

"It's confusing," Jessica massaged her temple, "maybe I'm just tired?."

**

Hyoyeon walked fast to the briefing room. Slammed the door opened and smiled. Sunny was waiting inside.

"We got the warrant."

Sunny smiled, "perfect."

"Beep Sooyoung and the Princess, tell them to gather the squad. Tonight, at midnight, we're going to get Jung Jessica."