Ginny goes to dinner and Ron faces his fate

As Ginny and Damali appeared on the street in Nottingham, Ron Weasley was doing his nightly recon on the state of the Ministry Headquarters.

As he aparated to a safe place two blocks away from where he knew Vanessa and her group to be he made his way silently through the back alleyways to a building that was adjacent to the empty building across from the Ministry.

He went looked west toward the skyline and saw dark billowing smoke from one of the buildings there as fire crews fought to put out the fire. He frowned and moved up to look and noticed the small tents were gone and only two assassins patrolled outside the ministry tonight. Frowning even more he saw them meet up in front of where the callbox usually was and aparate away. Doing a spell Hermoine taught him allowed him to see into the shadows of the underground area where the, until recently, secret entrance was. Apparently the entrance hadn't been all that secret to begin with and remembered that his father had taken him and Harry through that same entrance while they were still in Hogwarts.

He saw nothing moving and more importantly no one hiding in the shadows that the spell would have revealed. Kingsley had asked him if he thought there was a way to connect one floo to Hogwarts they could get into the Ministry through and Ron had told him if it could be done he would. He was also told not to take any unnecessary risks either which was what he was doing now as he looked around one last time and raised the wards enough for the Goblin steel doors to open enough for him to get in and seal them again but he heard a sound behind him as the doors continued to rise and turned only to be blasted through the one window left in the entryway that wasn't broken.

Ron rolled with it feeling the pain of the curse he was hit with and looked to see Hamid bearing down on him with a wicked grin. "Thank you auror I was waiting for someone to come back and open up." He said placidly as Ron stood painfully and looked at the man.

"You wont need that auror." He said as Ron's wand was whipped from his hand and Ron having had enough let the man take one more step before he landed a left hook to Hamid that took the assassin by surprise and knocking him down but not out but it gave Ron enough time to reach out and call his wand to him and hit the assassin with a full body bind. Two more spells came from behind Hamid as he fell and as one hit the wall blowing a chunk out, the other sliced through Ron's right leg causing him to go down but as he fell he threw up the wards again and the doors came crashing down upon one assassin that was too slow but allowing the other to roll into the room and out of sight behind a wall.

Ron slid into the hallway and put up the shield he had erected the night he left and then looked down at his leg. It was cut cleanly across the thigh and deeply. He ripped a piece of his robe off long enough to serve as a tourniquet and wrapped it around his thigh and started to feel lightheaded already. Instead of tying it loosely like Harry had taught him he tied it tightly so that he would be able to move without bleeding to death in the process.

He saw Hamid suddenly start to move and Ron knew he had to take both of the men now or loose not only his leg but his life too. He reached into his pocket and pulled one of the twins surprise firework chasers out of his pocket and brought down the shield throwing it toward the wall near the entryway. Seeing the two men jump at the detonation was nothing as funny as watching them try to outrun the two chasers that erupted from the small explosion. Hamid turned trying to fire while Ron hit him again with a full body bind. A spell hit Ron again spinning him again and he went to the ground again in agony of another cutting curse that hit him across the side. He frowned as he watched the lone assassin change direction and run toward him firing curses while being chased by the winged chaser toward where Ron was getting up now. Ron locked his legs taking another curse and then hit the assassin with a curse that took the man and lifted him off his feet and threw him against the far wall of the Ministry of Magic. The sound of the crunch came back to his ears with satisfaction.