Snape and Dumbledore's argument and Classes begin

"Headmistress, if I may?" Snape said in the uncomfortable silence and McGonagall nodded but continued to stare at Harry over her glasses, which was making him very uncomfortable indeed. "Yes well the prophecy, which was made thousands of years ago is known to but a few. Harry could very well be the one in the prophecy but as you know even the prophecy concerning he and the dark lord was rather vague." Snape said. "We would really have to know the entire prophecy to understand any of it." He added.

McGonagall sighed and finally looked at the potions master. "And how do you suggest we find out the prophecy?" She asked him.

"I propose Harry takes a trip to the hall of prophecy soon. Of course we'll need the Minister's consent." Snape said.

"I'll talk to Arthur and see if he'll let Harry accompany him there." McGonagall said.

"I'll talk to my source as well when I go for those two trials this week." Harry said. "In the meantime I'd suggest posting a guard around Ginny Weasley as this concerns her safety as well." He added feeling uneasy about this part knowing if Ginny found out he'd be in serious trouble with her again.

"I'll bet the twins would love a chance to try out some of their new stuff following their sister around." Draco drawled out smiling.

"I'll have to tell Sirius, Drusilla, Tonks and Remus about this eventually." Harry said looking at the floor.

"For now till we know the full prophecy I would suggest we keep this among ourselves. At least till the content of what the sorting hat has to say reaches the press sometime this week." McGonagall said. "I'm sure some student will write home about it to their parents. I want the students curriculum to be advanced this year, we'll take that warning from the hat seriously. Harry you and I will be researching some protection spells along with Alistor Moody this year that will make this place as safe as it can possibly be." She added and the rest nodded.

"I can also add some early warning charms around the castle and if anyone with ill intent tries to enter, it will set them off." Flitwick said.

"I would suggest that Harry not hear the prophecy." A familiar voice said from behind McGonagall and they all turned their heads to look at Dumbledore's portrait.

"I'm assuming you will tell us why Albus?" McGonagall asked.

"No Minerva I'm afraid I cannot." Albus said looking if anything more mysterious than when he was alive.

"And why not?" Snape asked.

"I fear I did more harm knowing the prophecy between Tom and Harry and because I knew the full prophecy I tried to do certain things that unfortunately caused the loss of quite a few people." Dumbledore said looking sadly back at them.

"And saved countless more might I add." Snape said suddenly.

"But how many died needlessly because I set certain things in motion? Harry's own parents died because I told them they would be safer in hiding." Dumbledore said.

"Come, come Albus, we all know that was my fault for telling Riddle the first part of the prophecy." Snape said.

"The prophecy could mean anyone of three people Severus. It could be Harry indeed but it could also be Neville Longbottom or even you who were instrumental in Tom Riddle's defeat." Albus Dumbledore said causing Snape's mouth to drop.

Suddenly Snape's eyes narrowed and he rose to his feet. "If you think I went to all that trouble to help kill the Tom Riddle only to become like him you are sadly mistaken. I don't know why you don't want Harry to know the prophecy or why you must always keep him in the dark but he is no longer a child. I stand behind him and know he will not be consumed by the darkness no more than you were." Snape spat out.