Suddenly all my emotions came flooding in at once.

"They're dead?" I say as I begin to cry.

Wren doesn't speak, he just nods his head.

"I'm very sorry, Spencer."

I cried for two days straight.

I had never felt sadness like this in my life for the 17 years I've been alive.

My entire family was taken away from me by a drunk driver in an instant, and I was left all alone.

I was lying in bed trying not to cry when Wren walks into my room.

"Crying is good you know," he says as he takes a seat. "It saves you from a major headache later.

I let out a little laugh, which allows a couple tears to fall.

"I never got to say goodbye." I say out of the blue.

"A wise person once told me, that we cry and mourn over someone's death because we'll miss them, they're always going to be watching over you, Spencer. They can see everything you can, it's just at a different angle."

Wren gets up and walks out of my room without saying another word.

I wipe my face with my hands, when I hear two knocks at the door.

"Miss Hastings? I have some clothes for you." A nurse says as she places some clothes by my feet.

"Thank you." I say as she leaves the room.

I grab the clothes off the bed and walk over to the bathroom.

I switch out of my hospital gown, and pull on the pair of leggings and long sweater the nurse brought in for me.

I place the hospital gown down on the bed when my surgeon walks in.

"I hear someone's being discharged!" The older male says as he pulls me into a hug.

"Now, I'm here to give you the boring, but mandatory lecture about taking care of yourself at home." He says with a laugh.

"You need to be very gentle with yourself, Spencer. Any sudden movement can rip out your stitches, and I don't want to have you back in here for anything but having them stitches removed."

I laugh and nod my head.

"I've already written you a note to excuse your from gym in school-"

"Gym?" I ask confused.

He laughs and carefully pats me on the back.

"It's almost October, sweetie. You've got to go to school on Monday."

"I thought it was April-" I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"You've been in the hospital for two months, Spencer. It's quite normal to lose track of time. Heck, I forget a lot of things now a days!"

I laugh and give him one more hug.

"I do wish you well and the best of luck, Spencer."

"Thank you Dr Thomas, you take care as well. I'll see you in a couple days."

He smiles and waves at me one last time before exiting my room.

"Ready to go, Miss Hastings?" Wren says as he comes in after Dr Thomas.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we walk to the nurses station to have me discharged.

"I'm taking you home."

"I thought I had to go in the system! Isn't that the law!?" I ask as Wren pulls into my driveway.