9: Renzo- Second Chances

wait for it and you shall receive

****

"MAYBE, I SHOULD get over her," I sighed reluctantly. We were currently at Mike and Seth's place, all of us still somewhat hungover from the night before.

Mike, being the only one who didn't drink, shook his head, and carried on with making dinner for all of us.

I had crashed their place just a bit after Seth came. Fletcher, who had stayed over, still looked like he was drunk and wasn't planning to sober up any time soon.

"Who?" Seth lounged on a stool near the counter where we could see Mike in the kitchen. "Mila?"

"Yeah," I leaned forward to grab a chip from the bowl and dipped it into the guacamole, savoring the taste at the dining table. Fletcher, who was seated beside me, also grabbed one and gulped his water. "I don't know what to do anymore."

"If you like her, then go for her." Fletcher shrugged. "Besides, the bet you made with Seth is still on."

"I know," I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. "But at this point, it seems impossible for me to accomplish. Plus, it feels wrong."

"Nothing is ever too impossible for you to accomplish Enzo." Fletcher patted my back.

"Thanks," I chuckled. "But that makes me sound like more of an ass, rather than a guy she can trust."

"Well," Fletcher got up from his seat to get more chips. "Her trust in you will be broken once she finds out that we bet on her."

"Yeah," I sigh. "And that's tearing me up on the inside."

"Don't," Seth let out a laugh. "She was a bitch to you, anyway."

"Seth," I rolled my eyes. "Just because she slapped me across the face doesn't mean that we should fuck with her feelings."

"He's right Seth," Fletcher glared at Seth. Mike finally came out with four plates of food. "This doesn't mean you can act like that to a girl. She made a mistake and Enzo already said they solved it."

"Stop being such a nice guy, Fletch," Seth clicked his tongue.

Fletcher shook his head and faced me. "Don't listen to him, he's being a dick."

"I know," I laugh digging into the food Mike set down in front of us. "Since when have I ever taken Seth seriously?"

"Zozo, one day I'm going to kill you." Seth had a smile play on his lips.

"I look forward to it Seth." I take a piece of chicken off his plate.

----

Even though they didn't tell me what I should do concerning Mila and instead told me to stop thinking about her, it appears she thought about me.

I woke up that morning with a text from her saying that she wanted to meet and talk. Being told this news, I woke the person who was sleeping next to me on the floor.

"Mike!" I punched his shoulder. He groaned but didn't reply. Shoving at his body, I sigh. "You should've woken up when I told you to." I go through the ringtones I have and blare the sound of dogs barking into his ear, grinning when Mike's eyes shoot open like they had seen a ghost.

Glaring at me, he tries to hit me, but I barely miss it. "What the fuck, Enzo?"

"I have good news," I said excitedly.

"It better be worth it since you woke me up this early." He cursed, trying to sit up.

"She texted me, and now she wants to meet me!" I wave my phone at his face. "I can't believe it!"

"Oh wow," Mike rolled his eyes. "Should I wave pom-poms now and cheer?"

"Shut up," I punched his shoulder. "I'm just shocked that's all."

"Yeah," Mike finally could sit up properly. "Then stop acting like a girl and go meet her and leave me alone."

"Oh shit," I gasped. "I'm late! She said she'll meet me around noon, it's now almost half-past eleven!"

"Change your clothes at least." Fletcher came into the living room rubbing his eyes.

"Oh yeah," I scratched my head. "You're right."

"I know I am," Fletcher passed me one of Mike's clean t-shirts. "Now go get the girl, I'll talk to Seth about canceling this dumbass bet."

"Wait!" Mike sprung up, trying to snatch his shirt from my hand. "Why is my shirt being given away? Give him your shirt! I've limited on laundry. What the hell?"

"What a child," Fletcher clicked his tongue. He then faced me. "I'll deal with this idiot too, now go."

"Thanks, Fletch," we do our signature handshake, which comprised a series of motions that took forever to master. "I owe you big time."

After that, I left the apartment listening to Mike's whining and Fletcher saying something like "Deal with it" to him.

I reach the place where Mila said she wanted to meet. It just so coincidentally was where we had our talk about me being a drunk asshole.

I open the door to the coffee shop and I'm welcomed by the smell of just freshly brewed coffee. I spot Mila by the table we were sitting at before and go to her.

"Hi," she got up from her seat. "Thanks for meeting me."

"Yeah anytime," I smile, keeping myself at bay from bursting with excitement.

"So I was thinking about what you said." Mila sits back down and gestures for me to sit.

"What did I say?" I laugh, taking a seat in front of her. "We talked about many things a few days ago."

"That is true," She smiles. "We talked about many things."

"Yeah," I said. "So what did you want to talk about specifically then?"

"Well," she pauses. "I was thinking about what you said earlier about going on a date."

"A date?" My eyes go wide. "You're joking, right?"

"Why would I be?" She chuckles, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I don't know," I stammer. "It just sounds too good to be true."

"Yeah it took some convincing and time but I do want to try."

"Alright," I grin at her. "What do you have in mind?"

"I was hoping you had something in mind, I'm sure there's you have something up your sleeve, Atienza." She winks and suddenly stands up.

"Wait, we're going now?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah, what were you planning? We're obviously going now."

"Okay," I couldn't get over the fact that I hadn't showered since yesterday with the smell of booze that may stick to my skin and clothes. "But are you sure I don't smell like someone who showered in alcohol?"

"Oh right," Mila halted in her step, scrunching her nose in what seemed to be disgust. "You do smell like a minibar."

"Alright, I'll just go and change and meet you here in about two hours then?" I suggested, ready to bolt and clean myself up.

"That sounds perfect, I'll meet you there in two hours. Trust me, it'll be fun."

"If you're there, then obviously it will be." I grin and kiss her cheek. "See you in two hours."

"Okay never mind," Mila says. "You better be here in one hour."