Mate

Zoë's POV

I panicked. I flipped the person behind me over my shoulder and sat on his chest as soon as I heard his voice in my ear. I glared down at the man for a moment before realizing who it was.

Percy chuckled. "I could get used to this position," he said. I blushed, realizing that I was straddling him. I quickly began to rise to my feet, but Percy pulled me down on top of him so that I was laying down on him. My cheeks flushed bright red as Percy chuckled, weaving his hands through my hair. I restrained myself from purring when he whispered in my ear, his voice low and possessive, "Mate."

I held back the urge to moan at the raw love in this single word. I couldn't express how happy I was that I was his mate. It didn't matter to me that I was a Hunter. Surly Artemis would allow this, right? At the moment, I didn't really care. I wanted so bad to kiss him right now.

"Than do it," he said. Ignoring the fact that he had known exactly what I was thinking at the moment, I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him with a ferocity that would scare a wolf. He gently cupped my cheek and kissed me back. Neither of us cared that we were kissing on the forest floor, right next to a pond. The only thing that mattered was his lips on mine.

Percy ran his tongue along my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I gladly granted him that and his tongue explored my mouth. I moaned into his mouth and I felt him smirk. Just as the kiss started to escalate, a giggle made us break our kiss and turn toward the sound. There, standing with her hand in front of her mouth as if to hold back a laugh, was Lady Artemis.

I quickly climbed off of Percy and stood five feet away from him. He sat up and looked at Artemis with a slight glare. I clasped my hands behind my back, bit my lip and lowered my gaze to the ground. All of a sudden, Artemis burst out laughing. I looked at her, confusion lacing my features.

"You-should've-seen-your-faces!!!" She said in between giggles.

"So thou is not mad?" I ask, hesitantly.

"Of course not. I knew you were Percy's mate all along. I have aloud him to remain in the hunt. I shall do the same with you," she said after she had calmed down.

"Oh thank you, Lady Artemis," I said, hugging her. She chuckled.

"I'll leave now and let you continue what you were doing," Artemis said. Percy blushed and I could feel my cheeks heat up. She chuckled as she walked away.

"Dang moon goddess," Percy muttered under his breath. I walked toward him and sat on his lap, facing him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him an innocent look. He smiled, grabbing my legs and wrapping them around his waist. He gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"I love you. I have for a long time now," he whispered.

I bit my lip before replying. "I love thee as well. Ever since thou tried to convinceArtemis to save me."

He chuckled. "How about we go back to camp and I'll teach you new English," he suggested.

"Sounds wonderful," I replied. He gave me another peck on the lips before standing up and walking back to the camp, my legs still wrapped around his waist, arms still clinging to his neck. He held me up by my thighs, never once coming near my behind, which I was quite grateful for. I was used to this whole thing and I didn't need to move all to quickly.

Percy took us to his tent and set me down on his bed. He grabbed his desk chair and sat down in it.

"Ok, so you say things more or less correct. All we need to work on if you and your. Ok?"

I nodded. "Say, You," he said.

"You," I repeated.

"Good. Now, you will say 'you' instead of thee and thou. Got that?"