I Blow Up a City. Oops.

Annabeth's POV

I woke up the next morning, exhausted yet refreshed. I would be starting my solo quest today. The last time I had gone on my own was underneath Rome, rescuing the Athena Parthenos. That time, my friends had been there to save me. I would not have the same luck this time.

I knew where I was to go. The beach of glass could only be one place. Fort Bragg California. The beach had once been a garbage dump, but then the locals picked up most of the trash. The beach was still covered with glass shards, though. Those glass shards were softened and rounded by the sea. That's the story any way.

I picked up my bag. Then I left. I stopped at Half Blood Hill. I looked at the valley below. I said goodbye to the only home I truly had.

I didn't even get into the camp van. I just ran to New York. The camp didn't want to supply me with money, so I had to bring my own. I didn't mind though. My dad had given my plenty as an apology. I had roughly $4,000 in my bag.

I ran into Manhattan and booked a flight at the nearest airport. This would be the quickest way to California. When my flight number was called, I all but ran onto the plane. I quickly strapped in to the seat and sat there. A flight attendant came over and asked if I wanted anything to drink.

"Just a bottle of water will be fine," I told her.

The attendant nodded and left. I quickly brought out my phone and attempted to text Percy for the millionth time since he left. Ever since the prophesy, I had new found hope that he was alive. I had also convinced him to get a phone when we were still dating. When I hadn't abandoned him.

'Don't think like that Annabeth,' I scolded myself.

The attendant came back. She handed me a bottle of water. I thanked her and she walked away to help the other passengers. Then the plane took off and I quickly fell asleep. You know what they say. With sleep comes dreams. Who am I kidding? I made that up! Sadly, dreams are nightmares for demigods.

In my nightmare, I was at a foggy beach. I stumbled my way around, desperately trying to find my way. I slipped and fell on the rocks. I felt something smooth beneath my hands. I lifted a piece of the stuff to my face, where I could see it. Smoothed glass. I was standing on Glass Beach in Fort Bragg California.

At least I knew where I was in my dream. I hated not knowing stuff.

"Well hello, my dear," a voice in the fog said.

I whipped around, trying to find the source of the voice, but I couldn't see anything through the fog.

"It's useless trying to look for me. You will never find me," the voice said.

"Who are you?" I called.

The voice laughed. "You will have to find that out yourself," the voice sang.

I stomped the ground angrily. I hated not knowing.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

The voice laughed again. "I want you to suffer. You tricked me in my home court. Now you will feel the same pain. You will be deceived in your home. You will be tricked in the mortal world. Even now, your friends are trying to find me. I will let them. The boy knows what he's looking for. He knows what he is up against. But you, dear Annabeth, will be left in the dark. And darkness is quite easy for me. I will spare the boy, but the others shall suffer. You will be made to work for me. I already have a way to get the boy on my side. And if I estimated correctly, you will come with me in exchange for his safety." the voice said. I had long ago determined that it was female. I didn't know who she was.