Prophecies

Percy's POV

I read one prophecy over and over again. I could not undersand why, but I only understood this segment of lines. The rest of the prophecies didn't look like anything to me but lines and gibberish. But the one prophecy was clear as the moon on a cloudless night.

Hunter of Artemis you best beware
A betrayal like no other would ever dare
Tied within the traitor's grasp
The item you seek but will never clasp
To be single forever, on this you swore
You shall face a decision on the glass shore
Sink beneath the earth with a final breath
Or lose who you love to worse than death

I read those lines over and over again. I couldn't tell what they meant. Chiron always told me that prophecies have double meanings. But the last two lines seemed clear: I would save the enemy or every one I love will face something worse than death. Just great. How am I supposed to deal with that exactly?

Annabeth's POV

I watched as everyone left to their activities. I couldn't bear to watch them walk away, but I had to let them go. I probably would never see them again, thanks to the solo quest Rachel had just prophecized. The prophecy clearly circled around me.

Daughter of Athena, you have yet to prevail
The one male Hunter you shall unveil
Go forth, alone, to the beach of glass
The one you betrayed shall not bypass
But once you find the one near to your heart
His loyalty vows shall tear you apart

I struggled to grasp the consept of this prophecy. Who is this male hunter? What is the beach of glass? Who did I betray? I think I know who the one that is close to my heart is, but why will his vows tear me apart? I had so many questions but none of them would be answered until the end of this quest.

I didn't understand why I had to go on a solo quest. Who would I even find along the way? What did those Fates have planned?

I was called to the Big House to discuss my prophesy. Mr. D agreed that it was indeed centered on me. I walked inside and sat at the war table. Mr. D and Chiron came over.

"Have you thought about the prophesy my dear?" Chiron asked.

"Yes."

"Do you accept?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Then you may chose two companions and be off," Chiron said.

"It's a solo quest," I told him. "I have to go alone."

"Then you best be off. You will leave tomorrow at noon. I will tell the campers you went to visit your dad," he said.

I nodded and left.

I packed a couple changes of clothes, $4,000 in mortal money and took about 50 drachmas from the fountain in the Athena cabin. We were incredibly resourceful so, after the war wih Gaea, a few of us went on a mission to Medusa's lair and took all the golden drachmas from her fountain. Us Athena children built a fountain of our own and put the drachmas in it. We had over 60 billion so we probably wouldn't run out any time soon. Any one who wanted drachmas had to ask an Athena camper for some.

I put the drachmas in a pouch and put the pouch in my backpack. I set my stuff on my bunk and got ready for dinner.

Percy's POV

Suddenly, my arm felt like it was in flames and I looked at it to see a couple lines glowing silver. When the light lessened, I could read another prophesy.

Daughter of Athena, you have yet to prevail
The one male Hunter you shall unveil
Go forth, alone, to the beach of glass
The one you betrayed shall not bypass
But when you find the one near to your heart
His loyalty vows will tear you apart

I had to show this to Artemis. Now.