Chapter ♠ 2

THE REBEL

EZEKIEL AL Steele.

After 4 long years, he's now standing in front me. He still looks the same. Kung meron mang nagbago sa kanya, iyon ay mas lalo siyang gumuwapo at tumangkad.

He's got muscles that weren't there before. I can see the trace of the hard ridges and hollows of his abs and the expanse of his muscled chest in his blue shirt made in the finest silk. His tailored white chinos hugged his powerful thighs emphasizing his strong built and height. He was bigger now, taller, and heart-stoppingly handsome.

He always had a striking look, kahit pa noon. Para siyang modelo na madalas makita sa isang magazine. I often see him in gossip columns, but those pictures didn't do him justice.

Raven-dark hair that was carelessly swept back from his face, coal black eyes that seemed to bore through your soul, perfectly thick-set of eyebrows, sexy lips, strong jaw that was shadowed with growing beard giving him a rugged look. He looked more mature, rough and harsh. His autocratic features was hardened through time.

But with Zeke Steele, it was not just about the looks. He had always possessed a powerful magnetism demanding attention. Maliban sa pagiging bully niya noon, kinakatakutan siya dahil sa aurang bumabalot sa kanya. He always had that cloak of invincibility and superiority surrounding him. Darkness followed him. And it suited him well.

But as I stared at the man standing in front of me, I couldn't see the boy I once admired. No doubt the man he has become now was very impossible to ignore, especially with his supreme confidence and, according to the article I read, his devastating sex-appeal and river of money.

Pero hindi ko pa rin nakakalimutan ang kasalanan niya. It was there lurking behind his eyes. His guilt and his grief. Nakikita ko iyon.

I know it has been four years. At kung nandito pa si kuya, kung buhay pa siya, alam kong gusto niyang patawarin ko siya. He was that kind.

But that's him. And I am me. I am not kind and forgiving like my brother—I never was.

"Long time no see, Victoria." The curl of his tongue as he said my name pulled me out from my thoughts.

Mabilis kong binawi ang kamay ko mula sa kanya. My smile was tight against my face, trying to hide how his deep molten voice made my heart skip a beat. Holding his hand again evoked memories I had of him—the day I first met him, the first heartbeat, the first smile...

"Bigatin ka na pala ngayon," biro ko, at pinilit na pakalmahin ang sariling tibok ng puso ko. I opted for civility and politeness, kahit na ang gustong gusto ko talagang gawin ay ang tumalikod at umalis. Only my sense of professionalism was stopping me from doing it.

"And you're a car racer." Hindi nakalusot sa akin ang pagtalim ng paningin niya. Pero mabilis iyong nawala.

I know he was as surprised to see me as I was. At siguro mas nagulat siyang malamang isa akong car racing driver—katulad ni kuya. It was ironic—I hated the world that took my brother's life, but it's the same world I know where I can find him again.

Kapag ipinagtabuyan ko ang mundng minahal ng kuya ko, para ko na rin siyang kinalimutan at ang mga pangarap na binuo namin noon.

"Surprising isn't it?" Ngumiti ako. "Nakakapaghinayang lang dahil hindi na kita mahahamon sa karera. Nagretire ka na, 'di ba? Gusto pa naman kitang talunin."

"That's interesting!" Jack jumped. Noon ko lang naalalang kasama pala namin siya. I grimaced at the realization that Zeke Steele always rob me of my attention. "Hinihintay ko ring makita 'tong si Zeke na matalo eh," excited na sabi ni Jack habang tinatapik ang balikat ni Zeke.