Chapter 37 - A Jack Gilinsky

A/N: Okay, so before you read this chapter, to kind of get a feel of drive home from seeing Jack I've tagged a youtube cover of 'Hey Ya' by OutKast, but it's a cover by someone called Sarah Blasko?? Idk lmao I've never heard of her before. Anyway, to get a feel of the first part of the chapter you could listen to the song whilst reading this? However, if you're like me and you find it hard to listen to music whilst reading maybe you could listen to it before starting to read? Idk it's not a must but it's just to understand the first bit of this chapter a little more, it would help. Read on lovelies! (:

I continued to cry my eyes out as I clung onto the steering wheel. The radio was playing and an acoustic/softer version of 'Hey Ya' by OutKast was playing. Great. That lightened the mood. I listened in silence as the soft femine voice sang.

'My baby don't mess around, because she loves me so, and this I know for sure...'

The drive home felt like hours, and I spent most of the journey crying. I rolled down the windows and let the the windy breeze wash through my hair. The rain had now lightened greatly and the wind had taken over. It was a chilly wind, and the frozeness of my jumper didn't help to warm me either. 

'Don't try to fight the feelin',  'Cause the thought alone is killing me right now...'

All I could think about was Jack. He was my life. Jack was home. There had to be some sort of explanation why he'd be capable to do something like this. Nothing added up.

'Hey.. Ya... Hey, Ya...'

I rolled up a little further up my street before I could even see the house. I'd manage to stop crying as I just held onto the steering wheel. I sat in silence, shutting off the stupid song on the stupid radio and just screamed.

"Argh!" I shrieked to myself before banging my forehead on the steering wheel repeatedly. I suddenly stopped due to how much it hurt and fell back in my sat, feeling my forehead as I began sobbing again. I needed Jack.

-

I guess you could say I was doing a little better. I kept my door just closed instead of locked now. I was propped up on my bed, eating some sour gummy worms when I heard a knock on my door.

"Regan...? You have a visitor..." Mom's gentle voice called from the other side of the wood.

I instantly paused the reality TV show I was glued to. The show was actually quite shit, but so... so... addictive... "Who is it?" I asked, waiting for an answer.

"It's Jack."

My body instanty turned to stone as my eyes shot out of my head, I quickly scarmbled around, jumping up from my relaxed position. "No. I don't want to speak to him."

"Jack Johsnon, honey." Mom corrected herself.

My whole body relaxed as my shoulders fell. "Oh. Yeah... He can come in."

The door soon clicked open and Johnson walked inside, adjusting his SnapBack that sat backwords on his head. "Sorry about that..." I half smiled awkwardly.

"It's cool." He nodded, looking around for a seat before sitting on my desk chair. "How are you doing?"

I shrugged. "I don't really know... I'm eating more though so that's good I guess?" I fiddled bashfully with my thumbs. "Has Gilinsky sent you?"

"No, actually," He admitted, which surprised me. "I'm here because you don't know Gilinsky's side to the story."

"Wait, you knew about this Adeline?"

He nodded, looking at me. I didn't know whether to be more offended or hurt. "I know I seem like a shitty friend to you, but I was just looking out for my bro."

I didn't respond to that.

"But there's a lot that I need to fill you in on." He began. "Can we go somewhere else?"

Johnson ended up dragging me to a small corner cafe about a five minute walk from my house. After he insisted buying drinks and we were sat down I turned to him.

"Well what is it?" I asked impatiently, I didn't mean to sound rude to Johnson; he was bae. But he'd taken long enough time to get started with the explanation.

"Okay so the story begins when Jack's Mom was at college," He took a sip of his coke before neatly placing it on the table.

I raised an eyebrow, unsure of why Jack's Mom had anything to do with this.

"She met a French girl called Monica, and they became like, best friends." He nodded as I nodded back a little, indicating that I followed him. I still didn't know what this had to do with anything.

"So after college Monica moved back to France to live there permanently and her and Jack's Mom stayed in contact a lot, and then Monica had a daughter; Adeline. This was around the time Jack was born too." He continued.

"Jack's Adeline?" I asked foolishly. I hated saying that.

"Yep, they're the same age. So about eight months ago Monica got back in contact with Jack's Mom saying Adeline was interested in doing a medicine degree over here, so that would mean she wanted to live here for a few years until her degree was over." He explained.

"Right..." I looked at Johnson, still clutching my Sprite that I hadn't taken a sip of yet.

"Anyway there was a problem with her Visa to live and work here and time was running out before her courses started so Jack's Mom asked Jack if he would do a Greencard marriage with her."

I raised my other eyebrow. "A Greencard marriage?"

"Yeah, it's basically where people who aren't residents in a certain country marry someone who is, just so they can live and work in that specified country."

"So..." I took the first sip of my drink. "You're saying this Adeline wanted Jack to marry her so she could come do her medicine degree?" I looked at him unsure.

"Exactly, that's all there is/was to it."

"And Jack agreed to that?" I sat up in my chair a little.

"Not easily... His Mom had to convince him by saying she'd cover his apartment rent for a few months." Johnson went on.

"And what about me?"

"He agreed to it before you came back into his life, and he was so scared to lose you; I guess he didn't tell you. He knows he fucked up, okay. But you at least needed to know why." Jack adjusted his beanie.

"So, there's nothing going on between them?" 

"Not at all, Regan. He doesn't even think she's pretty." Johnson raised his eyebrows, in a wise sort of way.

"Oh fuck..." I sighed before downing half of my drink. I made a sour face at how much it stung my throat. It wasn't alcoholic of course, but the fizziness with ice and lemon still gave it that impecable burn.

"You okay?" Johnson tilted his head to the side a little.

"But wait," I began again. "Where was Jack during that week he was missing?"

Johnson shurgged. "I don't know, I'm not Jack." He paused. "Well I am... Just not your Jack."

"I don't have a Jack anymore. He's not my Jack Gilinsky, he's not even the Jack Gilinsky; he's just... A Jack Gilinsky." I sighed.

Johnson chuckled a little under his breath.

I quickly pulled my chair out and finished my drink. "Thanks for this J, I'll see you around." I gave him a half-assed wave as I ran off.

A/N; So know we know! Did any of you guys think Jack would really have the heart to just marry someone like that? I'm writing some more tomorrow so hang on in there guys! & I've been reading your comments all day. I'm not even kidding when I say how happy it makes me just to know you guys like my writing (((((((((((((:

Anyway..... Peace, love & Gilinsky hugs (:

(okay no that was the worst/cheesiest thing ever, I'm never saying that again)

Gabby (: xo