Chapter 8 - The Messy Hands

And that's exactly what I did. I had to tell Mom and Dad that actually College was shitty and I wasn't getting anything out of it. Sure, they were shocked; but understood that it was my life and if I wanted to start a life here in Omaha with Jack, they wouldn't stop me.

Life had never been better actually. Jack and I were happy in our little mini-apartment. It wasn't much, but it was everything we needed. College was going great for Jack and with support from his parents and his earnings from the coffee shop, we could keep on top of the rent. I also had a job at a nearby bakery. I started getting into baking and whatnot until the bakery asked me to bring in some cakes for an event they were holding and since then I've been working there. I'd bring some of my creations to the cafe as well. I loved it there, the girls Jack worked with were super nice and funny so I was often in there to speak to everyone. Frankly, I was in a much better place than I was a year ago.

I stood at the counter, rolling pastry with a plastic cup when I heard Jack enter.

"Mmm..." He hummed, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "Whatcha cooking?" He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Cupper-cakers." I laughed softly, referring to the cupcakes. "I'm icing the first batch."

Jack leaned over me and dipped his fingers in the bowl of icing, licking it off. "Mmm." He said in satisfaction.

"Hey!" I tried to swat him away. "Hands off."

"You know you love me." He smirked, his face close to mine. "Give me a kiss." He turned his face towards me where I tilted my head back and kissed him. "I'm gonna get ready for work."

"Okay." I smiled to myself as I continued to to ice the cakes, arranging little flowers on top of them and placing them in a box to take down to the bakery. A little while later Jack reappeared dressed in his work uniform.

"I'm off now, babe." He called, sliding his coat on.

I walked towards him adjusted his tie for him with my right hand as my left was sticky with icing. "You look good." I smiled slightly and reached up before kissing him once.

"Hey, I want more." He kissed me again before grabbing my left hand.

"Ah, no I'm sticky." I laughed, looking at the icing on his hand.

"What? No!" He laughed with me as I handed him a paper towel to wipe it off. 

"Okay, okay. Now go, you're gonna be late; bye." I patted him out the door before smiling to myself and finishing all the cupcakes. I thought about how much I loved Jack. We were so happy together and I thought I'd lost him forever. Whenever I thought about him I couldn't help but smile. I couldn't understand how I'd got so lucky. His smile, his hair, his eyes, everything about him was perfect. After all this daydreaming over Jack I finally realised I was late and rushed down to the bakery with my box of finished cakes.

A/N: New chapter! Enjoy! Might update later on too (:

Gabbyyyyyyeeet (: