Chapter 34 - One Big Mess

A/N: Ahhh guys! I'm here after 17 days of not updating!! Yeaaah, sorry about that; I'm on holiday atm and it's been hard with getting wifi and I know I said to some of you I'd be updating in 5 days but surprise I'm here early!! I get home on Friday so Saturday will probably be the next update, just so you guys know. Anyway, now we find out what happened to Jack! :))

I sighed as the elevator creeked its way up to the seventh floor, where the apartment was. I walked down the hallway as I fumbled around in my bag, searching for my keys as I picked them out, bringing them up to the door. It was then when I realised the door was open slightly. Not wide as such, but I could see through a tiny gap. I held my breath, frightened incase I'd been robbed as I crept silently in through the door. I heard distant voices and shuffling around as I cautiously picked up a nearby umbrella to use as some sort of weapon incase I needed it. I edged towards the voices, that seemed to be coming from the bedroom. I closed my eyes briefly, holding my breath again as I peered round the bedroom door.

I immediately dropped the umbrella.

Before me, stood Jack. And he was with Adeline. Adeline? The girl from the cafe? He promised me he didn't know her.

I gasped as they both suddenly turned to me, his eyes widening and his mouth dropping.

"What's going on?" Adeline said after a while.

I turned to Jack, my eyes almost instantly filling with tears. "What's going on Jack?"

"Regan... I.." He stuttered a little, as I just shook my head, storming out the room and into the living room.

Jack was quick to follow and behind him trailed Adeline.

"Regan, please I-"

"Who is she?!" I pointed to Adeline, tears dropping out of my eyes.

Jack walked towards me slightly. "Look, I know I said-"

"You promised me you didn't know her!" I shouted at him, just letting the tears fall now. "Who is she Jack?!" I shrieked.

"Just a friend!"

"Oh please," She muttered from the corner of the room. She hadn't said anything since I'd stepped though the door.

"What?" I turned stiff, turning to her. "Friends with benefits? Boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"I'm his wife!" She spat at me.

My fucking face to the floor. I couldn't even breathe a word. The whole room fell silent. I could feel Jack looking at me with guilt in his eyes and Adeline turned away in the corner.

"What...?" I whispered.

"Reg-"

"Is this true...?" I whimpered refusing to make eye contact with him.

"Please I-"

"Is this true?!" I raised my voice, speaking directly towards him.

He was hesitant before he finally sighed. "Yes..."

I gasped for air, looking down as I felt a tear slide down my left cheek. "Why would you do this...." I cried out, falling to the floor. I couldn't even stand on my own two feet anymore. I was crouched there, on the floor with my hands in my head, crying into them loudly. I didn't even like crying in front of people, especially strangers like Adeline but I felt all I could do right now was cry.

Jack looked heartbroken. "Regan..." He sighed, kneeling down beside me, placing his hand on mine.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed in his face.

"Regan, I can explain she's-"

"Get away from me!" I screamed even louder, standing up and rummaging around to find my bag again.

"Where are you going?" Jack called after me.

"Anywhere away from you!" I screamed at him, pushing him out my way as I picked up my purse.

"No Regan wait!"

"Get the fuck away from me you lying, cheating asshole!" I screamed as loud as my voice capacity was capable of.

Both Jack and Adeline seemed a little stunned at my sudden raise of voice. I was petite for my age, no one really knew of my powerful voice until it was projected out like that.

"I hate you..." I began crying again as I picked up my coat and quickly disappeared out the door before Jack could make it there. I'd never pressed the elevator button so quick before but after rapidly pressing it about two dozen times when it still hadn't arrived, I decided I would be away from Jack quicker by sprinting down the spiral staircase. I dashed down each floor, panting more and more as I could hear Jack calling after me a few floors above, but I just wanted to get away from him. My lungs felt like they couldn't take much more, and I was worried I'd collapse or fall over from running so fast but I eventually made it out the block of apartments. I kept running, I couldn't stop. No matter how far he was behind me now I just kept on running. My hair in pieces, my coat not done up in this nipping coldness and my scarf draping far too loosely around me. Began to feel sick, though I wouldn't let myself stop. My cheeks were heating up, I felt my forehead burning. And it wasn't until I reached my neighbourhood and I knew I was safe, I slowed down into more of a walking-jog. I desperately rang my doorbell, my hair damp from sweat, panda eyes from my smudged mascara, when Mom opened the door.

"Regan? What happened?!"

A/N: Adeline's Jack's wife?? Who expected that? Haha, anyway the next update will probably be Saturday so hang in there! And keep commenting, you guys are funny ((: And for the people who messaged me privately asking me to check out their own Gilinsky fanfics or whatever I haven't ignored them I promise I'm just waiting to read them when I get home, sorry! Okay guys for real now bye heeeh ((: 

p.s/ It's also my birthday today so happy birthday me whoo (: 

Gabby xo