chapter eleven

Nick

Sitting across from Demi she would barely look me in the eye. The air is as tense as it's ever been with us and all I wanted from her are answers and I'd be damn if I don't. She's been fucking with my brain and I hate to say it, but my feelings too, for far too long. It's time she owns up to something.

My eyes stayed glued to her even when Miley couldn't take it anymore and excused herself, I never once diverted my attention elsewhere. As though she was just as determined to avoid me, I was digging more deeper than she is to find out the truth. Her fingers started to fidget and she looked down at her lap.

"Stop it." She finally spoke.

Ignoring her, I continued to stare. What control does she have on me? Exactly. Waiting until she finally looked at me to relax something in the back of my head told me this conversation would get ugly. Of course, we're about to read through the lines of her disappearance and why she never tried to call again. Even if it was just to say goodbye in a cowardly ass move. Just thinking about how she left me so heartbroken and confused made me hate her, but love her all the same.

"Did we have sex lastnight?"

Her question completely caught me off guard. It was like football players running through a basketball court playing hockey. Completely something unusual and unexpected. Where did she even get that from? Freaky Miley probably has been putting all types of shit through her head. Plus I know she couldn't have been that intoxicated.

With a raise of my eyebrow only thing I could do was stare. Not even noticing my hand falling over my open mouth. I laughed.

Is this why she's so apprehensive? I laughed some more while reaching for her glass of cold water, taking an immeasurable sip. Demi's face was priceless.

"Nick! This isn't funny!" She screeched at me.

The worry in her face was giving me life right now. I don't really know if I should end her misery here or drag it on a little bit more so I can still find this funny. But how dare she insult me? Drunk or not, she'd know if I fucked her. Not that I'm against doing just that, I'm not even sure about Demi anymore than I'm sure about her feelings for me. We are no where near hooking up again.

"Nick!"

"Calm down, I didn't fuck you. First of all," I began. Sitting up in my chair. "And secondly, I wanna know why."

Staring her dead in her eyes she narrowed her eyes at me. Not seemingly to believe what just left my lips. "Excuse me?" Her voice rose and her cheeks began to grow red. Funny, she's still on the subject of us having sex.

This is a waste of my time I see. Maybe I should just fuck her and ask questions later. Probably be a whole lot easier than what's progressing now anyways.

"Demi, WHY did you leave?"

Too late to stay calm and "nice" about it. Bitting her lip she looked less uneasy than before. That's a good start at least.

________________________________________________________________

Lemme know what y'all think! and vote please :)