Chapter Nine

Nick

Watching Demi get drunk is entertaining, but having her passed out in my truck was pure enjoyment. I never knew that she would ever need my assistance again untill now. Chuckling to myself I watched as she crawled around the seat, landing in my lap and passed out again. So many things were just going through my head at this moment I could barely focus on the road ahead of me. Thankfully Demi's house isn't too far from Paul's bar so we sat in my truck with the engine running and my hand softly brushing her hair to the back.

All the while I carried Demi up the steps of her porch, old memories and feeling seem to grab my attention. Trying not to get throwed off by the occurring facts, I grabbed the spare key from under the welcome mat, I open the door to her home. Everything was almost exactly the way it was before Demi left, except there was no pictures. None above the fireplace, none hanging on the walls leading upstairs. It's like no family was ever here, just a vacant house with furnished rooms.

As I got closer and closer to Demi's room she began to stir in my arms and clutch my shirt, all the while mumbling in her sleep. Grabbing the glass knob with one hand and holding Demi up with my other, I gently kicked the door open. Her bed was covered in white satin sheets and not the yellow and pink flower duvet that's been there since high school.

Placing her stiff body under the covers of her bed, I pulled off her boots and tight fitting shorts. Even though she's not conscious enough to feel the uncomfortable fabric I know in the morning she would complain. Demi was the type of girl to never sleep in pants or shorts, she always preferred her underwear.

I tired not looking at her black lace panties, her body period, but I already know what everything looks like. Every curve, every freckle, and every insecurity she has. Shaking my head from my thoughts I walked out of her room and downstairs to the kitchen. Returning quickly with a glass of water and a bottle Advil for when she wakes.

After watching her sleep for an entire I couldn't help but reminiscence on our past we had and the abrupt ending. No goodbye, no last words, not any even closure.

Demi and I were laying in my bed, her body facing my door as ny arms were tightly secured around her waist. She sniffed one last time and I kissed the top of her hair. Whispering in her ear.

"You have me Demi, I'll protect you." I explained honestly. Its no lie, I'd do anything to keep her happy and safe.

She sighed heavily and craned her head around to look at me. The slight sparks in her large brown eyes even gave me hope for my own words. Tilting her head upward little, I dropped mine lower so our lips could touch and move upon eachother softly.

As we continued to kiss it began to get more intense. Her backside pressing into my groin and my hands moving slowly down her body, but I wanted to make sure she was alright. That she was okay. Stable.

"Baby, you understand right? I'm here for you."

I grabbed her face and pulled away from her swelling lips. Demi nodded and looked me in my eyes then quickly back down to my lips. Twisting her body around in my arms, she wrapped herself in my legs, tangling us on my bed.

I rolled her body on top of mine and she kissed me hard. Harder than she's ever kissed me before. So much passion, depth, love.

At the time I thought that kiss was just her telling me that she appreciated my comforting words and speeches after the death of her family. Her thank you. But I guess she didn't believe me because the next morning she was no where to be found. She left without leaving a note or anything and that is what made me hurt the most.

I at least thought that out of all people she would've said goodbye to me.

Now that I think about it that kiss we shared that night, the one that made me feel like I had the one. Made me feel like I had reason to care for someone as much as I did, was actually her goodbye.

Settling down on her couch I pushed myself to sleep and promised to find out why she didn't give me an explanation. To get my closure after so many years. Then I will leave her alone. Leave her alone for good.

__________________________ 

Gimme at least FIVE comments and VOTES for more! How many of you are actually reading this?