Chapter Two

Demi

By night fall the house was dust free. Cinnamon scented candles lighting the living-room as I sat with a Nora Roberts instant classic in my hand. It was peaceful.

The spa like tub upstairs filled with my favorite lavender bubbles, waiting for my aching body. With the book in hand I ascended up the wooden steps. Stripping of my clothes I sat the book on the tub side as I hopped in the shower first. I like to rinse the dirt off my body before relaxing in the tub. If not it would be like sitting in my own filth.

Washing my hair in my favorite shampoo and cleansing my body, I applied conditioner to it as I switched to the tub. The warm water unmasking the aches.

Sighing loudly I laid my head on the rolled up towel behind my head. Grabbing the book from its sitting place I began my long relaxation hour.

After an hour of reading and soaking the water was no longer warm. Grabbing a pink fluffy towel and wrapping it around my body, I walked into my old bedroom.

Earlier today I had changed the sheets to new ones I brought from L.A. A white silk duvet set. Sitting my phone on the charger I checked for any missed calls or texts. Nothing.

Drying off and slipping on a red silk night gown I stuffed my feet inside a pair of black lavish house-shoes. Going down stairs and blowing out the candles, I locked the front door. Laughing softly to myself I unlocked it. This isn't L.A, I don't have to worry about anyone coming and breaking into my house.

Drifting back upstairs I got cozy in my bed, thinking its been a long day. Listening to the wind softly russell through the growing grass and still trees. This was nothing like L.A. California came alive at night while this small town in Texas slept.

Loneliness swept me into a deep and empty sleep.

______________

"Wake your ass up sleeping beauty!"

The covers were swiftly pulled from my bed as I sat up, alarmed. Wildly my eyes scanned the room until they landed on a pair of familiar teal blue orbs.

"Your fancy ass couldn't call me and tell me you were back? Sneaky bitch,"

My face broke into smiles as I quickly jumped from my bed, hugging my bestfriend. I laughed into her hair as we squeezed the life out of one another. My eyes watering during the long-awaited hug.

"How did you get in here?" I asked breathlessly.

"Well damn Demi your door was unlocked for anyone. Girl, Texas has change since we've been in high school. Lock your doors 'cuz they gettin' everybody,"

Miley haven't changed a bit.

"Now tell me why I had to hear from ol' nosey Miss Patterson that my bestfriend was back in town?"

Feeling guilty I lowered my head, ashamed. Trying to sneak back into town and out again without telling my old friends was dumb. I was bound to see someone who was nosey and had a big mouth. Everyone in town must know I'm back by now.

"Can I eat first?"

"Because you stayed in this big house all alone, sure. But bitch you better tell me about those L.A men while you eat,"

_______________________________________

Comment, like, fan :)