Drapetomania

drapetomania
(n.) an overwhelming urge to run away.
___________
3rd person:

The world rushes past around him, with the sun barely making it into the picture.

"Please, please, please, go faster."  He balls his hands into fists, pounding them into taxi cab. The man only grunts in response to his plea. The speedometer goes up from seventy five to eighty.

Everything felt so close, a feeling vaguely like when sword is on the tip of your tongue and then someone says it.

He felt sad, but it was an exhilarating and infinite sadness, like it connected him to Matt and most importantly her.

"Wait wait stop here."

The cab driver pulls over into a parking lot, cracked and overgrown. Weeds fight through the cement to push their way through.

He tosses the cab driver a handful of cash without counting. "Keep it."

The man drives off and Shawn's left alone.

London only gets this quiet when it snows

He pushed forward towards the dilapidated hotel. It was apparent that someone who he hoped was Meredith had just visited. He kicked a piece of plywood to the side and pulled at the door.

The place smelled like musty old couches and unfinished wood, it smelled to me like cobwebs and hazy memories. It smelled like the music room back in London. And the smell brought him back so viscerally, to a time when she was a bit simpler. He closed his eyes tight for a second and waited for the feeling to pass, but it wouldn't. For Shawn nothing ever passed.

His phones light only provided so much light to the dark room. The hotel had thousands of rooms and one of them had Meredith and possibly Matt. That's all he knew.

It felt like hours upon hours till finally it clicked.

Track 7, room 7

He ran down several flights of stairs till he was standing in front of a heavy wooden door with a number seven hanging upside down.

He walks in and everything's clear.

The things you hope for the most are the things that destroy you in the end.
________________________________
A/n

Cliffhanger sorry😂 the next chapter will be pretty intense.

Make sure to Vote and comment so I post it sooner☺️

Love you guys.