Just Say When

A day to remember.

A day that every little girl or boy dreams of when they're just barely able to make decisions for themselves.

A day that they will always remember.

A wedding.

Luke was getting married to his highschool sweetheart Ashley, a girl he met sophomore year and fell in love with.

His band with his friends never really took off so they went their separate ways and three years after highschool they're reunited for Luke's wedding.

'Hey Luke, congrats dude.' Ashton said as he walked up to Luke giving him a hug.

'Hey you made it.' Luke said hugging him back.

'Of course I did now where are the rest of our idiot group?' Ash joked.

'I don't really know, oh there's Calum.' Luke said pointing to Calum who had a drink and girl by his side.

'Typical Cal.' Ash said as Calum spotted the two and walked over.

'Hey guys, and way to go Luke.' Cal said in his ever so lovely way.

'Thanks, I'm glad to see you both.' Luke said with a small smile.

'Wait, where's Mikey?' Ashton asked.

'He's probably not going to come but I did invite him.' Luke said sadly.

See Luke and Michael kind of had a little fling back in junior year when Luke took a break with Ashley but as soon she came back they ended things and it was never the same

'He might you never know.' Calum said with some hope but Luke nor Ashton was buying it honestly.

'It's okay.' Luke lied as he said a quick bye to Calum and Ashton to go to his dressing room to finish getting ready before he was to get married.

Walking into the room Luke went to the mirror and stared at himself, stared at the man that he has become. He's changed a lot since highschool but something doesn't feel right.

He doesn't feel the same, I mean obviously he's changed but is he okay with that?

Is he okay with who he has become?

'Knock knock.' Someone said at the door making Luke turn around and instantly have a huge smile on his face.

'Michael.' Luke said as he and Mikey walked up to eachother and hugged tightly.

'Well congratulations.' Mikey said with a fake smile.

'Thanks, I didn't think you were gonna come honestly.' Luke confessed.

'I wasn't but I had to, for you.' He said as they pulled apart.

'Well I'm really glad you did.' Luke said truthfully.

'Me too now let me help you because that tie looks absolutely atrocious.' Michael laughed as he started to fix Luke's tie, hands brushing up against Luke's stubble ever so often.

'So, what have you been up to?' Luke asked as he looked up trying to give Mikey space to tie the tie.

'Nothing much really, just working at my dad's company kind of boring to be honest. How about you?' He said sadly.

'Nothing really I've been in college working on my medical license.' Luke said proudly.

'Nice, you have everything set don't you?' Michael asked as he finished tieing the tie.

'I guess.' Luke said as he turned around walking to the mirror again and Michael just followed.

'Do you ever think about me, about us?' Michael asked.

'Of course, how could I not?' Luke said looking at Michael.

'I still love you Luke, but, I know that doesn't matter anymore I mean you're getting married and soon you'll have kids and forget about me and all of us.' Mikey said sadly as he looked at Luke.

'That's not true.' Luke said walking over to Michael.

'It is Luke.' Michael said quietly.

'Well what if that's not what I want, what if it's not who I want to be.' Luke said holding onto Michael's face with his palms.

'Just say when.' Mikey said as he walked out of the room and took a seat in the peers of the church beaide Calum and Ashton.

Soon everyone started to pour in. Luke and his groomsmen took their spots as did the bridesmaids.

Luke and Michael stealing glances here and there.

The music started and everyone stood up as the bride in white made it down the aisle with the biggest smile on her face.

Michael looked at Luke who was entranced by the beauty and grace of the bride much to Michael's dismay.

After she made it to the alter it was time for it ro ve over and official.

'Now do you Ashley Smith take Luke Hemmings to be your lawfully wedded husband till death do you part?' The priest asked.

'I do.' She said with so much genuine love and enthusiasm that the whole church laughed, well except Michael.

'And do you Luke Hemmings take Ashley Smith to be your lawfully wedded wife till death do you part?' He asked Luke now and he looked around the church but mainly for one person.

Michael.

They made eye contact and Mikey held the stare sith pleading and hopeful eyes as he mouthed the words 'Just Say When' and Luke didn't say anything but mouthed back 'When.'

And with that the two were running out of the church hand and hand leaving a smirking Ashton and Calum behind and a confused bridal party.

But they didn't care they had eachother.

-Hii

So random idea but I thought it'd be cute idk

I always tell my friends that if they get married and wanna run away I'll gladly help them and be their getaway lmfao

Love you