Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Sierra's POV

"Alright I want everyone's paper on the first 5 chapters of The Exorcist by next week! I expect them to be on my table before 4 pm! I'm being generous this time folks so please be wise. Have a nice day!" Mr. Harding explained to the class as the bell rings signaling that lunch time has commenced.

I stood up from my chair and started to pack my books into my backpack.

"Fretta! Fretta! Sto morendo di fame!" I hear Flo complaining in Italiano beside me.

"Oh please don't go all Italiano on me. Me no parleh italiano." I complained back.

"Okay first of all it's parlo not parleh and second of all I am starving! So andale!" Flo replied sounding like a gypsy.

I laughed slightly and zipped my bag to a close.

"Oh Ms. Adams can I see you for a minute please?" I hear Mr. Harding exclaim before Flo and I had a chance to escape. I hear Flo groaning beside me and I laughed, "Don't worry I won't be long just go first." I suggested.

"Fine, just hurry." Flo replied and turned to the left towards the canteen.

I turned around and walked to Mr. Harding's desk, "What's up? Did I do something wrong?" I asked him.

"Oh no no you didn't do anything wrong I just wanted to ask you something." Mr. Harding answered as he circled his desk and sat in front of it.

"Uhm okay. Shoot." I replied.

"I was wondering if you've considered on participating on the national essay writing contest?" Mr. Harding asked.

Shoot, Mr. Harding offered me to join but I was just too busy with the race, "Err well I've thought about it but uhm I'm pretty busy right now 'cause the finals are coming in like 4 or 5 months so I don't think I'll be able to join.." I replied reluctantly.

"I knew you'd say that, so that's why I submitted your essay by myself." Mr. Harding replied with a sly smile.

Wait, what!? He couldn't do that!

"Whoa sir you can't just do that what if I pass and I need to go out of town or something, I can't do that!" I replied frantically. 

"No don't worry! The contest is held online and if you do pass you just need to go to New York for I don't know 3 days? You should be honored Sierra." Mr. Harding replied sounding overly enthusiastic.

I'm the one who wrote the essay but he's the one who's excited.

"So? How 'bout it?" He asked.

I guess participating and well possibly winning the competition wouldn't hurt, and it'll look good for my college application so why not..right?