Chapter 6

Chapter 6: 

Caleb's POV

"What are you doing here?" I asked my dad with an annoyed voice.

"I see you've grown, grown very tall and handsome." He replied sounding amazed. What is wrong with him?

"Look alright, just tell me what you want. If you don't want anything then I expect you to leave right now."

He sighed, "It's been what? 8 years? I missed you Caleb, and your mother and of course my darling little girl Annabelle. Are they inside?" He said with a slight smile on his face.

I scoffed, "Yeah they are, look what do you want dad? The last time I saw you was 8 years ago when you were leaving us behind for some other slut. 8 years with no calls, no messages, no texts no nothing and suddenly you come over here and act like nothing happened?" I said sounding hurt and angry at the same time.

"Caleb, you don't understand I--I love your mother but I love Sherry more and it just clicked, it was meant to be. God led Sherry to me."

Nothing can describe how furious I am right now, "Meant to be? God led her to you? You barely went to church or even talked about God when you were with us and now you're turning into what? A wannabe priest? Who are you?!"

"Caleb? Who's at the door? Why are you shou--" My mom said while walking towards me. I turned to see her look absolutely shocked and scared like she was seeing a ghost.

"David? W-w-what are you doing here?" My mom took a step forward in front of me and pushed me back.

"Jean, it's really nice to see your face again. I'm just here to see you guys and see if you guys are alright."

I can't stand this, why isn't my mom kicking his ass already? "We're alright okay? Now please leave!" I shouted from the back.

My dad looked startled and my mom glanced back to take a look at me.

"Caleb why don't you go inside and help with Anna's homework?" 

"No. I'm not leaving you here alone with him." I said while gesturing my head towards my dad.

"It's alright Caleb just please go inside? I'll be done in ten minutes, okay?" My mom replied looking a bit desperate and solemn. Fine, if this is what my mom wants.

I walked inside saying nothing and went up to my room.

What is he doing here? After 8 years of no form of any communication he suddenly just pops out of nowhere to only see if we were okay? Who the hell does he think he is? 

"Caleb?" suddenly I hear Anna's voice from the door.

"Come in Anna." I replied.

She opened the door and sat on the edge of my bed. I immediately turned to a sitting position to get a better view of her.

"Is mom talking to dad outside?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's dad, why? You want to talk to him?"

"Err no I'm just shocked that he's here. I kind of forgot he even existed." She said sounding a bit guilty. I second you sis don't worry.

"Don't worry Anna, the same goes with me." I said while laying back down on my bed.

She sighed, "Why did he leave us again Caleb? I thought he loved our family but he still left.."

"I don't know Anna. I really don't." 

I look at her and she looks really sad and disappointed. Oh Anna, if only you could understand. I want to tell you that he doesn't love us and he left us for some other woman but I didn't want to rain on your very obvious parade that you still love dad while I don't anymore.