Bella giggled as she nudged her. “From hands on experience… Tomorrow night, it’s a small mission. Nothing big…can you stay in the hotel?”

“Yeah, I’ll stay in the hotel.”

“You promise?”

Blakely hesitated before she sighed. “I promise.”

Bella smiled. “Good, now let’s get some sleep, it’s been a rough night.” Bella climbed under the covers with Blakely and they cuddled up together. Bella gave her a tight squeeze. “I really did miss you Blakely. And I’m sorry if it seems like I’m not happy that you’re here.”

“I missed you too Boo.”

Bella let out a groan. “Please, no Boo calling while I’m on a mission.”

Blakely laughed. “Goodnight Bella.”

“Goodnight Blakely.”

The next afternoon started in the hotel. Blakely was taking business calls every half hour about a house that was being shown back where she lived in Texas. Bella thought it was cool to see her sister in action, negotiating prices, bargaining with the clients, setting dates. It made being a spy look so easy. One thing’s for sure, Bella wouldn’t be able to have the patience to deal with the kinds of people Blakely deals with.

Blakely let out a sigh as she hung up the phone, the sun was setting and Bella and Luke were about to head out on their mission.

“Who was that?” Bella asked.

“Mrs. Clark, she was calling about the house I’m showing after Christmas.”

“So what’s the big deal about this house that everybody has to call about it?”

“It’s a mansion, and mostly all the people calling are rich.”

“And stuck up?”

“Hey, I gotta pay my bills somehow. Just like you kill people for a living.”

“Whoa! That was a low blow!” Bella grabbed at her stomach and acted like it knocked the air out of her.

Blakely giggled. “I’m just teasing. So when are you and Luke leaving?”

“About an hour. Do I need to worry about you following us out there?”

“No, I have to do work and research of my own.” She said as she took out her laptop.

“You know, being a real estate agent seems a lot harder than being an agent does.”

“Hm, but yours is a lot more fun.”

“I don’t consider being punched in the face on a regular bases ‘fun’.”

“Then why do you do it?”

“Because I’m saving the world, it’s like I’m a super hero.” Bella said with a smile as she packed a backpack full of rope and a flashlight.

“How do you know what to bring with you?”

“I don’t. When you’re in training they teach you all the basics. One of them is how to pack a bag. You should always carry rope, a flashlight, wire cutters, and extra bullets as well as an extra gun.”

“Hmm, all they teach us to carry is a pen, paper, and a business card.”

Bella and Blakely laughed together as Luke walked in.

“Hello Ladies.” He announced as he sat on the couch.

“Hey.” Blakely said for both of them, then there was an awkward silence. “……You know what! We don’t have any ice! I’m gonna go get some ice!” She announced quickly then walked out with the ice bucket.

“Well that was weird.” Bella said as she zipped up the bag.

“Yeah, so are you all ready to go?”

“Yeah, I guess it’s just a matter of waiting for the sun to finally go down.”

“Yeah, and we all know that takes forever.” He sighs.

“Are you okay Lenox? You’ve been acting kind of weird since last night.”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He looked up at her with his puppy dog blue eyes. “I guess…yesterday was just a little scary.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“No, I don’t think you do.” He said as he stood up. “I mean, yeah, you do know, but you don’t know what it was like for me.”

Bella’s eyebrows furrowed as his rambling confused her. “Lenox, spit it out.”

“Right…I-…we’ve been friends since diapers, right?”

“Right.”

“So we’ve been friend for almost 25 years. Sure, there’s been some bumps and bruises, but we’re always there for each other…but last night I wasn’t there for you and you could’ve died.”

“Lenox, I’m okay. Blakely got to me.”

“Well what if she hadn’t?! What if she did what she was told and stayed in the room?”

Bella looked away as she folded her arms. Lenox looked away as he let out a breath. “I just…I don’t think I would be able to forgive myself if I couldn’t protect you.” He started to step closer, but Bella took a step back.

“What are you doing?” She asked quietly.

“I’m not sure…” There was a long pause as his fingers brushed hers, just then the door swung open and they jumped away from each other.

“I got the ice!!”