9

BACK - 9

[ISSAC]

It's been five days since I sent Emma my letter, so she must've received it by now. I hope she listens but just in case, I sent another letter yesterday to remind her.

I park my car in the hotel car park and then make my way inside to my suite. Just as I flop onto my bed, my phone rings.

It's Savannah.

I pick up and she speaks, "Hey."

"Hi."

"How have you been?"

"Okay I guess, not much has happened except the person I'm here for doesn't wish to speak with me."

"I don't know much about her but if it was me, I would probably not want to speak to you either."

"Geez, that makes me feel so much better." I deadpan.

She laughs into the phone, "You know I love you," I smile. "But don't give up! If speaking to Emma helps you then go and do it. I don't want my fiancé to die of guilt."

Her tone was light but there was also a hint of seriousness in it.

Maybe that's what I liked about Savannah- she was a motivator back when I met her a couple of years ago and she still is. She never makes you feel like it's the end but doesn't push you so much that you're uncomfortable.

"Nice to know you care about me." I say with a small laugh.

"I do." Her voice is quiet, almost as if she didn't want me to hear.

There's a pause until I speak, "How have you been?"

"I've been getting much happier recently."

"And why's that?"

"Because someone very special to me is finally thinking about themselves after a very long time."

* * * 

Author's Note:*Comes out of hiding but gets pelted with tomatoes*

YOU: DIE! Why did you do this to us?

ME: I'm sorry? Please don't hate me!

YOU: *GLARE INTO MY SOUL*

Anyway, sorry that this chapter is shorter but I felt like it needed its own. You guys all needed to process what Issac casually said but don't worry, there'll be a new update tomorrow. :)

Just trust me, because I know where I want this story to go ;)

HAVE FAITH IN ME. PLEASE. Do you have faith in me?