Declaration

Griselda POV

I quickly wiggled my hips into my floral printed dress while staring at the time and cursing out swear words in spanish. It was 7:37AM and i wanted to make my way to the courthouse in downtown Chiraq for 8:00 so I could try sneaking my way into the trail. I still didn't understand why they wouldn't allow Kira to have any friends or relatives in with her during the trial. That shit sounded fishy as fuck. 

"Dios Mio... Now what!" I groaned while slipping on my red bottoms hastily, running into the kitchen to pick up the house phone that we hardly used while scrunching up nose. It was a 312 chicago area code number, but in terms of whose it was i was clueless..

"Hello?" I asked growing slightly pissed off while watching the clock above me and raised a brow hearing a familiar voice on the other line. 

"You headin' to the courthouse?" 

"Tavares?" I placed the phone between my ear and shoulder while scrambling to place things into my handbag. Shit! I shoulda called a Taxi! I quickly ran to my bedroom to yank my phone out of the charger only to find it had never been charging at all. 

"Fuck!" I screamed into the phone and felt my eyes begin to water out of frustration. I sat on the edge of my bed and placed my fingers between my nose, pinching it hard while trying my best not to cry. 

"Blanco! Was hannen' ova there?" Tavares spoke loudly into the phone and I sniffled, shaking my head. "Estoy tan maldito estresado!" I spoke into the phone and blew out a sigh of breath. I heard Tavares shuffle and move about in the background while speaking to someone before the engine of a car was heard. 

"Huh?" He finally spoke up and I sighed, holding my head into my hands. Don't cry bitch, Don't cryyy. "Nothing." I was about to hang up on him before I smiled slightly as his next words. 

"I hope you ain' ova there sheddin' no crocodile tears. The boys and I on our way finna come pick you up. Make sure you ready cause I ain' in no waitin' mood." Tavares spoke and I quickly stood up onto my heels with joy. "Thank youuuuuu, Thank you-" I looked to the phone to see he'd hung up on me. Oh well! Tavares drove like a fuckin' madman which meant we'd make it to the courthouse in time to sneak in to watch the trail! Hold on tight, Shakira! In Squad we trust!

---

20 Mins Later

It was 7:57 and I bit my nails as Tavares crazy ass parked in the Handicap spot right at the front of Clerk of the Circuit Courthouse. We all raised a brow at him and he shot us a look as if saying 'don't say shit about it' I shrugged and got out of the back with L'Nayah, SD and Tadoe. I sucked my teeth hearing L'Nayah's giggles from beside Tadoe and I as we began walking into the courthouse. They'd been all touchy feely the entire car ride and I found that shit fake as hell on L'Nayah's part. 

"SD you needa chill!" She giggled as they held hands from behind Tadoe and I and I rolled my eyes. Tadoe chuckled and draped his arm over my lean shoulder. I smiled up at him even though I was beyond nervous for my big cousin. What the fuck was  I gonna do if she was sentenced as guilty? Move back to Honduras? Would I stay with Tadoe and them? Or move back into the rich prissy part of town with my Mama and her brother? Speaking of Mama...

"Griselda!" I blinked while feeling her arms wrap around me as soon as we'd step foot through the automatic doors leading into the main hall of the courthouse. There were three other cases happening in different rooms and I frowned looking around the main hall. Most of the people lingering were unfamiliar faces; probably here for the other people that were having a trial date today as well. I looked back up to Mama as she pulled away, confusion placed all over my face.