Chapter 12

Alec's POV

I woke up wrapped around Tessa. I smiled to myself, before gently sliding out from under her, careful not to wake her up.

She tossed in her sleep slightly, and I held my breath until she became still again. Giving her a quick, soft kiss on her forehead, I walked towards the door and knocked quietly.

It opened, revealing one of the men that pulled Tessa and I out of the other room. I mentally shuddered.

Before I had found her in there, I had been told to meet Southwood in the morning, immediately after waking. I had agreed, without thinking about the consequences because I had wanted to be at Tessa's side. And I had eventually gotten there... But it had been too late.

And I hated myself for it.

I shook the thought out of my head. I needed to remain clear minded for Tess' and my sake. The man gestured for me to follow him, immediately making it clear that he had a gun on him. I followed without hesitation because I didn't want to anger anyone here.

Not yet anyway.

He continued on and pushed through a door, roughly shoving me inside before he stepped in the room. I was engulfed in darkness, a darkness that terrified me. Anything could happen to me and no one would know. Anything could happen and Tess would be left defenseless in the basement with only the sadistic, barbaric, vicious...

I was momentarily blinded as a light switch was flicked.

Southwood was standing directly in front of me, and I cringed involuntarily. I quickly recovered and defiantly raised my head to meet his gaze.

"Bradshaw! How nice to see you again!" His mocking, sarcastic voice rung around the room. I rolled my eyes. Noticing the gesture, Southwood's fake smile dropped from his face. "I'm assuming that you are wondering what you are doing here?"

Not really. I was counting down the seconds until I could leave, was the reply that I wanted to give. However I remained silent, knowing, from years of experience, that it would do more harm that good.

Suddenly, I was on the ground, my cheek blossoming with pain. It took me a few seconds to realize that I had been backhanded. I clutched my face and jumped to my feet.

"You will answer me when I talk to you! Do you understand me Bradshaw?!" He screamed, his face turning a bright shade of red.

I just nodded, but quickly corrected myself when he begun to raise his hand. "Yes... Sir." It was difficult to spit out, but I managed, only because I had been dominated and owned and used since I was much younger. It was second nature to me.

"Good boy." He said, like I was his dog and I had learned a new trick. He smiled was again but there was something behind that smile. Something...cruel? I couldn't exactly place it but there was undoubtably something behind it.

"Now, I won't punish you any more for your insolence, only because I know that what is coming will be punishment enough." Something about his words caused a shiver to run up my spine, little trails of ice settling deep into my heart.

"Now, Bradshaw, I know that you must miss your family terribly. I know I would be. Am I right?" My family? Where was this coming from?

I was so stunned that I could only nod mutely. His jaw clicked but otherwise said nothing about me not answering his question in words. "Good. Would you like to see them again? Right now?"

Meet my family? It would be a dream come true. Everything that I had done, every horrific chore had been done so that I could see them again. And now, suddenly, I was getting the option to? It didn't make sense, especially not from Southwood. He was not someone to give out charity. I narrowed my eyes at him in distrust.