Don't Let Go of Me(Shay's pov)

After we talked to Ms. Maroon, Wright and I drove to Alexander's old daycare/his crime scene. When we arrived we got out of our cars and walked where Halstead, Erin, and Hank, were standing over Alexander's body. 

"Let's get started. What we got?" I say putting on my gloves. 

I bend down and I move the sheet covering Alexander's body. I let out a sigh as I look at his face. 

"Alexander Maroon. Knife wound to the stomach, looked like he bleed out." Halstead says. 

"Rope burns on his wrist and ankles. Looks pretty recent." Erin said. 

"Patrol is canvassing the area for and evidence." Hank said. 

"He wasn't killed here. He was dumped." I said standing up.

"Shay, we can't just assume he was dumped her. This would be the perfect place to kill someone, this place has been closed down for 2 years, no one has paid any mind to it." Wright said. 

"Look at this, there's no drops of blood on the floor, so you have to assume he was dead when he arrived her." I say. 

"Could be internal bleeding, Shay? We can't  be sure." Wright said. 

"What the hell, Wright? His shirt is basically covered in blood, I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you that he was not bleeding internally." I say angrily. 

Wright opened his mouth to say something but Hank cut him off. 

"Hey. We have a case to work, if you two don't stop with this little pity fight, you two can work this case from the office." Hank said angrily glaring at the both of us. 

Wright and I look angrily at each other, but don't say anything.

"Yes, sir." We mumble. 

We get back to work. Hank walks off. 

"What was the last lead you both had with the kidnapping case?" Halstead ask. 

"A man called on the tip lines, saying he saw a little boy that looked just like Alexander driving out of Chicago in a black truck, plates had B16, we checked security feeds under that description , but we never were able to find the truck or Alexander." Wright explained.

"Maybe because he never left Chicago." Erin said. 

"If Alexander did leave Chicago, why go all the way back here just to dump his body?" Wright ask. 

"That's because Alexander never left Chicago, he was right here, under our noses." I say. 

"So Alexander's killer is still at large." Halstead says. 

I nod my head. 

"We need to go check the files of the tip lines. Check to where that call came in from. If we find out where he called from we might just find out where Alexander was held and where his killer is." I say. 

"We're gonna go call and see if they still have files from that far back." Erin said before her and Halstead walked off. 

I look down at Alexander's body. 

"I'm thinking about asking Hank if there's a job opening." Wright said. 

"Why?" I ask looking up at him. 

"I'd be a great addition, and I won't have to worry about you stealing my spot again." Wright says smugly. 

"Can't steal something that was never yours." I say angrily. 

"You knew how much I wanted the spot, that's all I'd ever talk about!" He says angrily. 

"You weren't qualified for Intelligence." I say.