It'll Only Hurt More To Love

Liz came up behind Ethan. "You didn't know that?" she glared at Ethan he gave her a sheepish smile.

"I was afraid she would run away! It's not my fault!" he retorted in his defense.

Oh my God, I'm in a room full of werewolves...What if they eat me!!? Oh God, why is my life so messed up...

I started hyperventilating, and my palms were leaking out sweat. I looked around the room, noticing all the people, that must be werewolves. My adrenaline was pumping through my veins, and I felt the blood in my ears. I made up my mind.

I made a swift movement and dashed out of the dinning room, sprinting out the front doors, and into the forest. The air was biting my exposed flesh, but I ignored it, and kept running. I gobbled up ground as fast as I could, trying to get away from those monsters. I bet they were going to eat me or something!!

I had been in track for two years, it was the only thing my father let me do, and I had to practically beg him to. I had the best time in my district, for the girls competition. I never got to compete in states because my father had kicked me in the stomach the night before, and I was out cold for two days.

The wind rushed passed my ears, giving me the sensation of flying. I had no clue if anyone was pursuing me, but I didn't bother to look back. I kept running, and running, running. When I was finally out of breath, I paused for a couple minutes, to catch my breath.

"Shy, we weren't going to hurt you" a voice said from behind me.

I screamed and whipped my body around, coming face to face to Ethan. He sighed and leaned against a tree.

"This is exactly why I didn't want you to know that I'm a werewolf" he said looking down.

"Well, you should've told me! You were just going to eat me or something, right!!?" I retorted.

"What? Why would I eat my soul mate!" he said exasperated.

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. "Soul what!"

He bit his lip, and his eyes looked like he was a deer caught in the headlights. "Erm ugh..."

"Oh great! My dad must've given me crack or something!" I covered my face with my hands and plopped down on the ground, and started crying my eyes out.

"No, Shy" Ethan sighed. "You're my soul mate".

"Shut up, you bastard! Don't lie to me! You're a frikin werewolf, I can't be your soul mate!"

Hurt immediately flashed in his eyes, and I felt bad. Ethan was a nice guy, he wasn't going to hurt me. But I still didn't believe him, when he said I was his "soul mate".

"Look Ethan" I sighed. "I'm really sorry, I didn't-"

Ethan interrupted me. "-No, it's okay Shy, I'm just a monster" he said and started to walk away.

"Wait! Ethan!" I desperately tried to catch him. I took his hand, but as soon as I did so, I got a vision.

Ethan in his wolf form, as a pup with another wolf, a white one with light blue eyes, also a pup. They were playing in the snow, goofing around, and nibbling on each other's ears. They rubbed muzzles and licked each other's face.

I came back into consciousness and gasped. What the hell was that?

"You had a vision, huh?" Ethan asked me.

"Ugh...Ugh y-yeah I did" I answered, rubbing my temple, I had a terrible headache.

"See, you're my soul mate, when we touch, you get flash backs of when we were pups".

"Wait...We?"

"Yeah, you're a werewolf too"

"Okay now you're just talking bull shit" I hissed.

"No, seriously! I'm not! You're mother....She was a werewolf, you're dad didn't know till after you were born, you're dad hated that you weren't normal, so he abused you"  he told me.

"But..How..I-I wow.."

"It's true...."

"Well still, I don't care if I'm a werewolf, that's no excuse for him to abuse me!" I retorted, and stalked off towards the Lodge.