Chapter six

Maggie knocked on the door and after a long paused, a familiar voice said, or more like commanded, “Enter!” Maggie pushed open the door and stepped inside while she waved at me to follow her, so follow her I did.

            Daniel’s office was like, twice the size of my room back home and is at least five times more stylish.

            It had the expected objects in the room; like a book shelf, but instead of one, there were eight. All spread out along the walls. A giant case of alcohol was set into the middle of the room, with a couch set next to it, comfy. It also had a desk, with a laptop, stacks of paper on top, and a pencil holder-by the looks of it-and a desk chair, which is where Daniel himself was sitting, with a glass of what looks like Jack Daniels. My favourite drink, but only if it’s mixed with coke, of course.

            Daniel looked up from whatever he was doing and took a good long look at both Maggie and I, but what was scary, was that he manly looked at me, and I mean thoroughly looked.

            “Maggie, you’ve done what I asked,” observed Daniel.

            “Of course I have Master,” said Maggie, I glanced over at her and she had her head facing the floor, so I did the same.

            “Jessica dear,” now he was speaking to me.

            “Yes Master,” I said and looked up at him. He was still gorgeous and I wondered: how on earth could someone this cute could be this evil?

            “Has Maggie informed you of your work?” he asked, looking over to Maggie standing next to me.

            “Yes, she has Master.”

            “Good,” there was a long uncomfortable paused, but I was grateful that no one was talking to me, or manly that Daniel wasn’t talking to me. I hate the way he looks at me when he’s talking, it’s really creepy. Then the silence was filled when Daniel started talking again, “Maggie, you may go back to work now.”

            With a slight nod of her head, she turned and walked out of the room and left me alone with Daniel.

            “Jessica?” it sounded like he was offended that all my attention was on Maggie and not him. Well, I didn’t want to disobey him.

            “Yes Master?” I asked turning back to face him.

            “Come here please,” if he was trying to sound pleasant, it wasn’t working.

            I didn’t answer him verbally, but I obeyed him and walked over to stand in front of him on the other side of his desk.

            Once again, there was an uncomfortable pause, filled with silence. Instead of me being happy with the silence, I was unhappy because Daniel was looking at me, in a very savage looking way.