Chapter 71 Reload

Start from the beginning

"Oh my goodness. Okay, I'm coming home."
He said.

"for what? You're at the hospital. I just called so you know. I'll meet you there. Granny and I are on our way."
I said.

"I'll call Doctor Waffa." He said and we hung up.

I left out of the house fully dressed in a sweatsuit and a hat over my head. I swiped lipgloss over my lips and was ready to go.

"How you feeling?" My granny asked me.

"Pretty good. Contractions aren't bad." I said trying my best not to freak.

"Alright then! Let's get this show on the road!" Granny yelled.

We got into the truck and it felt like forever to get there.

"Hey Babies." I breathed in looking at the camera. "We are driving to the hospital now to get you two out of me. I'm excited for y'all to come out and make Mommy and Daddy's family complete. As of right now, I'm in lots of pain but I feel good! I have my support systems. Daddy is already at the hospital waiting for us to get there." I said and breathed.

"Aye Ava." My grandma said causing me to turn to her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You still gonna try this whole natural birth type thing?" She asked me.

"Yes I'm gonna have no pain killers and you guys are gonna be born in the hospital birthing center. It's private so I'm gonna have all the space and free will I wanted." I said.

Nicholas and I began to document our pregnancy since we first found out about it, but we are combining all of the clips we have, long and short to create a video for us to look back on.

I signed out feeling my labor kick in a bit.

"It hurts a lot but it's gonna be worth it. All worth it when I see my princesses!" I said smiling thinking about having the two girls nestled in my arms.

Once I was in the hospital and in my room everyone started to flood the room except Nicholas.

I groaned. "Where is he?" I asked my mother holding her hand as Mama A rubbed my back. I was in bed leaning over grateful for the fact that I was wearing pants.

"He's on his way baby girl." My mother cooed and kissed my forehead soothing me.

This was one of those things I missed while being pregnant, the comfort of my mother.  I missed her. The soothing notions and the scent of her. It warmed me completely and I am soaking it up all now.

"How you feeling baby girl?"  Papa Vinny asked with the camera in his hand.

"Like I need my husband." I whined and sat up to walk.

"Other than my knuckle headed son missing the birth of his children how do you feel?"

"M-missing the birth?" I chocked hearing him say that.

"I mean almost missing the birth." He tried to clear up.

"If he misses the birth I'll never forgive him." I said breathing harshly as another contraction hit me.