Chapter 17

Skipping months.......

Getting your high school diploma is the best thing that can happen to you. I had alot of people doubt me saying I was going to make it, that Derrick going to be my downfall in life, blah,blah.But on May 24 I graduated from Paul Robeson High School (High school is real). After graduation I decided to attend LSU.

Over the whole summer I thought about the decision of moving to another state and leaving my love ones behind.

"Babe come on we got a long trip",Derrick yelled.

I stood in our old room just thinking about everything I went through to get were I am today. I finally made the best decision of my life right now and that was to move to Louisiana.Yep,I'm moving and Derrick coming with me.I was so happy when he told me last week that he was going to move down there and go to school with me. He waited so late he had to write a letter to the school and wait. He did this about month ago.He had Ms. Lesile help him with the paper.

Flashback.........

So I was coming in from hanging with Lola getting stuff ready for school. Since we will be leaving in about two weeks.Lola didn't have nothing ready and Ms. Angela was getting on her case about it.

"Hey maw and pa",I said walking in.

"Hey baby,it's some mail over there for yall", maw Marley said.

"Ok",I said and then went over to grab the mail.

I was walking down the hall looking at all the stuff.Then I stop cause it was a letter from LSU with Derrick name on it.I was so confused on what was going on.Just two weeks ago we get into cause he knows I'm moving and he doesn't want me too.

I open the bedroom and their he is laying on the bed playing the game.

"Hey babe",I said closing the door.

"Hey",He said looking at me and putting his attention back to the tv.

I unhook my sandals and put my purse on the door.

I jump in bed and kiss his cheek.

"So do you have anything you need to tell me",I ask.

He look at me like no.

"You got some mail baby here",I said handing him the LSU envelope.

He look at it and then look at me.

"Opening it",I said.

"They probably meant to send it to you",He said handling it to me.

"No babe,I all my stuff I thought ",I said opening the mail up.

I open it and it said "Future student Derrick Griffin,You have been Accepted to Louisiana State University. We are happy to have you join the Gold and purple spirit.

I looked at him and screamed.

"Damn chanel my ear",He said mugging me.

"Baby I'm sorry so this means you coming with me",I said hugging and kissing his face.

He laughing and nodded.

"Chanel babe come on everybody waiting on us",He said coming back into the room.

I looked at him and wipe my tears.I was finally getting out of Chicago.

I grab his hand and close the door.

THE END!!!!

-So this book turn into a short story
-I didn't get alot of reads or votes on this story so I decided to end in sooner then later
-Comment, Vote,Follow Me