Chapter 12

Fast forwarding..........

It a month  before  spring break and also before I go visit LSU. I still haven't told  Derrick and Lola been on my case about it. Its hard leaving the person you love.I was on the porch with Lola,Ted,and Paris.We was just chilling and talking about college.

Ted is my brother and his going down to the south too.Hes going to Clark Atlanta. Paris is Ted girlfriend and she's going to Spelman.Coming from were we come from is alot being able to have this opportunity.I swear we so thankful.

"Sis so have you told Derrick",Ted asked.

Lola looked at me and then I put my head down.

"No her ass hasn't",Lola answered for me.

Lola just doesn't understand dude has been there for me through it all. Having to leave him is hard for me. I know i nwed to tell  him cause I'm  leave the whole week of spring break but I  just don't know how.

"Sis you need to tell him plus what he think yall doing for spring break",Ted asked.

"I know but we haven't talk about it yet",I said.

We chilled on the  porch for a little minute.Just laughing and talking about all the old times and how shit not going to be  the same when we all go our separate ways.

It was late and I haven't seen Derrick all dat since early.We text earlier but I  miss him.I got ready  for school to tomorrow putting put my clothes and shoes then I went to go take a shower. After my shower  I walk into our room and there he was sitting on  the bed with my acceptance letter.

He looked up at me. The look on my face right now was priceless.I was scared.

"Hey-yy babe",I strutted.

"Whats this Chanel",He asked looking down at the paper.

"Umm it's a letter for college",I said.

He was sitting on the bed while I  was standing up against the door.

"I know that but it saying you got accepted into LSU",He said.

I didn't say nothing how can I  tell him  that in the fall I will be going off to college in a whole other state.

"So you plan on going",He asked .

"Umm yeah",I said looking  down.

"Why you didn't tell me",He asked.

"Derrick I was it just how do I tell you this",I said.

"What you mean you didn't know how to tell me.We been together forever,you don't think I should have known that you moving to a whole other state",He spoke.

I couldn't say nothing he was right.Everybody was right i should have told him ahead of time.

"Babe I'm sorry.I was going to tell you".

"When Chanel when you was fucking packing", He said standing up.

I stood there and cried.He got up walk toward me and walk out the bedroom door.

I'm leaving in about a month and I didn't even get to tell him yet.

I know alot of people isnt feeling this story so I might just unpulish it and start something new.

COMMENT,VOTE,FOLLOW ME