19

It was finally New Year's Eve and as promised Rachel dragged me to some party where I was finally able to meet the friends she wanted me to meet. William was a clearly gay guy as he'd declared so himself as soon as he shook my hand, Daniel was just as gay but not dating William apparently and Vanessa didn't feel the need to specify her sexuality as soon as she opened her mouth.

Her friends were very talkative and it seemed like William had taken a liking to me judging by the fact that he hadn't left my side since the minute we met. I was kind of glad that he liked to talk enough for the both of us actually. While he was telling me about I don't know what, I observed Rachel laughing with Daniel and Vanessa about something I couldn't quite hear due to the loud music.

I was on my second drink and probably my last because I'd decided not to get drunk tonight. I looked at my phone to see what time it was and my mind automatically drifted to Ann. I wondered what she was doing right at this moment. Where was she? Who was she with? Was she having fun?

I looked up from my phone just in time to see Rachel staring at me. I hadn't noticed William leaving and kind of did a double take as Rachel walked over to me. She was smiling coyly.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said and kept smiling.

"Where's William?"

"He went to get us new drinks."

"Oh."

She was staring at me, probably trying to make me uncomfortable but I didn't falter, I held her gaze and waited for her to speak.

After what felt like five minutes but was probably barely one, she sighed. "Are you having fun?" She asked, getting closer to me so I could hear what she was saying.

"I guess." I replied. It wasn't so bad after all, considering I wasn't a fan of parties of any kind.

"Uhm..." She chuckled in my ear. "Will likes you, you know?" She said then.

"Really? I didn't think I was his type."

She laughed again. "You'd totally be his type if you didn't lack one thing."

We both laughed and then fell into silence. I stepped back since we didn't need to hear what the other was saying anymore and I noticed that both Daniel and Vanessa were nowhere to be found.

"Where are the others?" I asked but she obviously didn't hear me. I got closer to her side and asked her again.