III : Not Childhood Friends

Start from the beginning

His answer startled me. I felt a little churn in my stomach and stayed quiet at his answer.

We continued walking until we reached our school.

Everything went out well and as planned for the first week. We started getting to know each other. Jimin's timidness started to fade away. He is actually pretty cute and fun. I learned that his friends called him ddochi, since he looked like a little puppy. I disagreed to it though, and told him that I thought he looked like a dinosaur. Since then he always wanted to wear a dinosaur costume for Halloween.

One evening we were walking home from school.

"Hey, remember when I said I wanted to be a dinosaur for Halloween?" he asked.

"Of course, why?"

"Well if I dressed up as a dinosaur for you, you should dress up as a tooth fairy for me." he said giving me a 'toothy' smile.

"But you wanted to be a dinosaur yourself, and why a tooth fairy? I wanted to be cool mummy!"

"It was because you said I looked like one! You'll look cute and smaller than me as a tooth fairy!" he pouted, trying to convince me. I looked at him and realized that I was a little taller than him and understand his reasons while holding my laughter.

A chuckle accidentally escaped my mouth as I answered "Okay then, but I can't shrink myself though!"

"Now you're even laughing at me, you're so mean Jinhee-yah. I'll just wear my mom's high heels then." he said by making a face.

I can't help but laugh at his ridiculous statement. I kept laughing at him but all he did was stare at me.

"What's wrong, Jiminnie?"

"H-hey, don't you think that ahjusshi has been following us for a while now?" he said, his voice shaking as he spoke.

I slightly turned my head and saw a figure of an uncle not too far behind us.

Jimin grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"When I say three, run." he whispered, looking straight to my eyes.

I nodded silently.

"Three, tw-" his countdown was stopped abruptly since I suddenly pulled him, running.

We ran like crazy.

"YAH JINHEE, I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED MY COUNTDOWN!" he said while running.

"YOU TOLD ME TO RUN WHEN YOU SAID THREE, BUT YOU STARTED YOUR COUNTDOWN FROM THREE YOU PABO!!" I yelled at him, still running.

He stayed quiet for a while. He then realized his own stupidity and started laughing at himself, his eyes almost closing from his laugh.

"YAH JIMIN-AH DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES WHILE RUNNING!" I scolded him.

But then my stomach felt ticklish thinking of his stupidity and I started laughing with him.

We ran down the street while laughing hand in hand.

We're quickly getting nearer to his house. In a second, we stopped in front of his house panting, being totally out of breath.

"Hey kid!"

a voice of an old man could be heard calling to us.

We froze in our place, it was the uncle from before.

As he got closer to us, our knees shook and were unable to move.

All we did was tighten our grip to each other's hand.

I suddenly recognized his face, he was our school's gardener ahjusshi. Why was he following us?

"Aish kid these days are so tiring! You, Park Jimin, dropped your lunch box earlier and I was only trying to return it to you. But all of a sudden you two started running like gerbils!" he explained while catching his breath.

We stayed still with our mouth hanging open from the fact we had just learned.

"J-joisonghabnida** ahjusshi, we thought you were the perverted ahjusshi who roamed near this area.." Jimin explained, getting his lunch box from ahjusshi's hand.

"Ayy, what are you talking about. That freak has been arrested two days ago by the local police." he said with a slightly annoyed tone. We stayed quiet for some time, trying to recover from all the sudden information.

We then apologized to him and said our thanks.

After he left, the sky was already dark. I looked at Jimin's direction, my eyes meeting his.

We stared at each other's eyes for a while.

A second later, the silent air was torn from the sounds or our laughter. We were clutching at our stomach and we fell to the ground. Laughing at what just happened, with our gaze directed towards the stars.

We weren't childhood friends. We're perverted-uncle-surviving friends.

_______________
* = uncle
** = apologizing in a formal manner

Author's note:

Dropping in another flashback-y chapter!

Meanwhile present-day Jinhee is still on her lunch break, lol u_u

I should really progress the present story though, but this kind of chapters are also necessary.

Please support this rookie author by commenting, voting, and sharing this story. It seriously means a lot! :')

Jimin's sweet eyesmile on the media for everyone <3

Until the next update!

- wangkongbean -