You are now Shawn Mendes (Chapter 13)

Start from the beginning

"I guess I won't be needing your Tay," Jack says as he hands me my keys.

"Sorry bro," I tell him.

"It's fine," he sighs.

"I can take you home still. I'm sleeping at the institute tonight," Nash says and Jack nods his head.

"I think we should get going then," Hayes says as he's piggy backing a sleeping Aaron. Everybody says goodbye leaving me alone with a few dirty dishes and sleeping Tristen on the table.

I can't believe how sad they looked from just not being able to drop them off. Well I probably would feel the same if it was Shawn. I sigh and finish cleaning the dishes. When I'm done I pick up Tristen and walk to his bedroom. As I'm walking I hear whispers from Shawn's room.

"Do you think it was smart for them to leave," I hear a voice.

"Yeah. They haven't done anything bad to us, so why should we fear them," I hear Shawn say.

"Yeah, but what if it's some kind of cult or something and they force us to join or kill us. You never know." That's when I recognize the voice. It's Matt. What are they talking about though? What should they fear?

"They won't ask me to join. Why would they?" Shawn says.

"You never know. The institute could have people who can find out. You never know," Matt says. Wait. Are they talking about mutants? But how would they know? The only mutant Matt knows about is Carter, Winter, and the Dolan twins. He can't assume we are all mutants right?

Before I can hear Shawn answer I feel Tristen move around about to wake up. I quickly move and go to his room. I put him on the bed before going to my room to make a call.

Shawn p.o.v.

"...You never know," Matt says. I roll my eyes at him.

"Matt if they wanted us why haven't they gotten us. Cam has lived with Nash for years and they live alone, so why hasn't he kidnapped him or made him join them. Also why didn't Jacob take Mahogany one time at their date or why didn't Lia force JJ to join. Think about it. If they really wanted us why haven't they taken us?"

"I don't know," he mumbles.

"Exactly. Even if they are mutants they could be good mutants like us. Now chill," I say.

"Fine," he sighs.

"But I do think we should investigate some mor--," I get cut off by a the doorbell. I frown and look at Matt. "Are expecting anyone," he asks and I shake my head. We get up and walk to the front door. We hear the bell again and a hard knock.

I look through the peep hole and I see two guys and a girl. One guy looks familiar from school I think his name is Kian. Then next to him is another boy and a girl. The girl had brown hair and hazel eyes while the other guy has black hair and brown eyes.

"We know you're in there. Please we need help," the girl says. That's when I notice that the guy's bicep is bleeding. I open the door and ask, "what happened?" They rush inside and I close the door. They put the guy on the kitchen island and they say "it's going to be okay Brent it's going to be okay."

"What the hell," Taylor says walking into the kitchen. I blush and look away. He's not wearing a shirt and is wearing plaid pajama pants.

"Quickly can any of you remove a bullet safely," the girl asks.

"I can," Taylor and I say. I can teleport the bullet out, but I don't know what Taylor can do. The girl points to me and I get near them. I quickly grab some tweezers and pretend to take it out, but instead port it into it. "We need to get him to a hospital," I say.