Chapter 8

Anna's POV:
Cameron told me everything was okay and he was going to protect us. I couldn't help but feel that there was something coming that he couldn't protect us from. He's only one man and the storm that was coming had more force than he could handle.

I didn't know what to do but I knew that we couldn't stay here. I wasn't sure if I should tell Cameron or not. I don't know what to do at all I don't want to be dragged into this again I've just got my life back to normal well somewhat normal. I just got Cameron back in my life what kind of person would I be to leave him again without an explanation. The only thing about telling him is he might want to follow us so that "he can keep us safe". I can't have him follow us the danger will follow him. I haven't had any thing bad happen until he came back.

I just won't tell him I'll just leave again no matter how much I don't want to hurt him it's to keep Aurora safe and that's all that matters. I just feel so bad to do this to Cameron again especially now that he knows he has a child.

I don't know what to do its all happening so fast.

I start to pack my things in the middle of packing Cameron comes in. I look at him he looks confused. "What are you doing?" He asked "Cameron I can't go through all this again I-i just got my life back together and I don't want anything to happen to Aurora an-" I was explaining before he cut me off "Oh so your leaving again." He states with a blank face. "Cam-" "No it's cool leave that seems to be what your good at leaving and not caring about the person your leaving." "Cameron it's not like that I just want Aurora safe" I say. " She's not going to be safe Anna they already know! They'll follow you and find you. They will not stop you know that. You know they already know your face. And you especially know that you can never escape this life once your in." He says to me. I look at him with tears in my eyes "So what do you want me to do stay here where I know they will get me or run where I they may or may not get me." I state "Anna I would never let them get to you or Aurora." He says "I can talk to the guys and get them to help I can get some friends of mine too ill keep you and her safe I'll do whatever just don't leave again I don't want to loose you and I don't want you to get hurt." He says. "But how do you know something bad won't happen Cam. You remember last time." I say. "Yes I do but the difference is that now I have more sources to help it would no longer be me and the guys. When you left I built the gang up. It's huge. And I have connection. Although I'm not really all into it anymore and the guys left it's still all there I still have connection. I actually have one of the best people in the country who could help. He works with bombs and stuff. His brother died so he kinda took over that gang. But just know that if you stay I promise nothing will happen to you or Aurora." He finishes. "So even though you pretty much quit your still in it?" I questioned. He nods his head "I was the leader. Well I still am but I have side people so that I don't have to be real involved I like to have a normal life. Babe you should know" he winks at me.

"Okay whatever I'll stay but promise me that nothing will happen to Aurora at all. I don't care about me just her" I say.

"I promise nothing will happen to her or you. I'll die before I let them come near you two okay." He says
"Okay." I reply
"Maybe okay can be our-" he starts but I cut him off "stop with the cheesy shit Cam" I giggle and unpack.