~Chapter One~

You were in your dad's recording studio, recording a song that you wrote. You sang the chorus. "I'm an empty page, I'm an open book. Write Your story on my heart. Come on and make Your mark. Author of my hope, Maker of the stars. Let me be Your work of art. Won't you write your story on my heart." You sang.

"I want my history, To be Your legacy! Go ahead and show this world, What You've done in me. And when the music fades, I want my life to say!-" you sing but stop when a old man in a white kimono, straw hat, a long beard and with a bamboo stick walks into the room.

You took your headphones off and leave the booth to turn off the music. "Your voice is loud and strong, useful to start a crowd. Useless in the art of stealth." He says and walks over to one of the microphone leaning against the wall. "All tools for an artist. But nothing for a ninja?" He says. You fold your arms, "A ninja? This ain't a dojo. What do you want here anyways?" You ask him. "Did you not know?" He asked you. "Not know what?" "Your mother was a descendant of the elemental master of the voice." He tells you.

You stare at him for a minute then laugh. "For real doe? Hahahaha the only descendant my momma be from is from a long line of singers! Look dude I ain't got no idea what you doin' here but if my dad didn't send you here then you can just leave." You say. "He's right baby." You hear your mother say.

You turn around too see your mom and dad. "Momma?" You ask and she gives you a smile. "Marcy...I was gonna tell you sooner but I got caught up in things..." She says. "What's goin' on?!" You ask. "Marcy, your mother was a Ninja of the Voice. And it's time you continue that path." Your dad says

"Excuse me?! Yo! That ain't fair! How come Marcy gets to be a ninja and I don't!?" Tyler asks coming into the room. "Tyler! Do you really believe this?! Y'all just playin' with me!....right??" You say and everyone gets a serious look. "They don't look like they playin' Marcy." Your brother says.

"Guys! C'mon! I don't even know how to be a ninja! You said I was supposed to be a singer!" "You still can be! But this is something you'll have to do first. You'll train with Sensei Wu." Your mom says and you look at the man and he gives you a smile.

"I-i dunno..." You doubt. "Marcy! What's wrong with you! Ninjas are awesome! You'd have to be stupid to not take this!!! And Sensei Wu is the Sensei of the five famous ninja!! The heck is wrong wit' you girl'?" Your brother says. "Well maybe I am stupid cause I ain't doin this!" You say then grab your jacket and storm out of the recording lounge. "MARCY!!" Your mother calls to you but you keep going down the hall. You put on your jacket and go in the elevator.

Before the doors could close, Sensei Wu uses his staff to hold the doors open. You roll your eyes and he steps inside the elevator. "Ninjago needs someone like you Marcy. You have talent like your mother." He tells you. The elevator goes down, "Yeah, it'll need me on stage! Not in a battle field! My dad and momma said to follow my dreams, well what if I wanted to be a singer! I'm so close! I'm workin' on my Ep! I'm sorry Sensei but I can't be a ninja." You tell him and then the doors open. He follows you out, "Your power will get stronger if you don't know how to control it!" You stop walking and turn to face him.

"Let me ask you this Sensei, will I be able to sing?" You ask him and he nods. You get surprised, "Will I be able to make people happy with my voice? Can they buy my singles?!" You ask him. "You will save people with your power, they do not need a recording of you to be saved." He says and that's when you stop and think.

'Maybe being a ninja don't sound too bad' You look behind him and see your family just arriving from the elevator. "Well...I'll have to think bout' it but I'll get back with ya." You say with a small smile then exit the building.

When you got home you dialed up your friend Mikaela for some serious girl talk. You laid on your bed and she picked up. "Hey girl!" She says. "Girrrlll oh my god. Can you come over? I need you're help with somethin'." You say. "On my way!" She says then hangs up. A few minutes later there was a knock on your door.