Chapter 1

"Hey, Vikk. Hey, Brandon" Rob said, taking a seat across from me. Brandon waves with the sandwich in his hand, and I nod at him.

"Did you guys hear about what happened with Preston, Rob?" Brandon asks.

"Ooh, what?" Rob exclaims, but then blushes as he realizes how excited he sounded.

"He broke up with Annie," Brandon informs. Rob's eyes light up. Both Brandon and I know about Rob's little crush on Preston. Well, not exactly little. I look around the lunchroom, trying to find Preston. He's not sitting with his normal crew-and neither is Lachlan-, which consists of Mitch, Jerome, Lachlan, and occasionally Ryan and his crew. Brandon and I don't exactly like them, but keep track of them for the sake of Rob, who's fallen head over heals for someone.

Brandon tugs my sleeve and points at someone walking towards our table, the one in closest to the corner as possible. Preston was coming our way. Rob doesn't know a thing, considering he was facing the opposite way. Brandon grins at me, and I flash a smile back.

"Hey," Preston says, tapping Rob's head, whose face is priceless. He turns around, and I notice him pinching himself underneath the table.

"Hi," Rob manages to get out. It's clear he's trying to keep his cool. I decide to finally ignore the two lovebirds and eat a bit of lunch. Just as I was about to take a bite of my salad, someone does a wolf whistle. Lachlan, the king of the school, walks through the lunch doors. Here we go again.

I roll my eyes as he casts a flirtatious smile at a group of girls. They sigh in unison while I gag. Brandon grabs my arm under the table, an attempt to calm me down. I do, eventually, but I've lost my appetite. At least Rob's having a good time. He and Preston didn't even look up as Lachlan came in, something I'm glad about. I turn on my phone and open a random game. Tetris, go figure.

"Vikk," Brandon whispers in my ear, making me jump.

"What?"

"Keep your cool." I was about to ask what that means when I see Lachlan about 3 yards from our table. I suck in a breath and hold it.

"Oy, Preston. Gonna join us or nah?" Lachlan asks. He glances at us (Rob, Brandon, and I). "Or stay with these guys?"

"Alright, I'm coming. Had a nice chat with you, Rob," He winks at Rob and slides a piece of paper towards him. He walks off with Lachlan, chatting about something I care not about. I was more interested in the paper Rob is now freaking out over.

"Holy crap, that just happened!" Rob yells.

"Well, what is it?" I question. He shows me the paper with a line of numbers and a little note. 'Had a lot of fun with you. Hope to talk to you again ;)'

"I can't believe this," Brandon murmurs. I chuckle as Rob breathes in and out slowly.

"Is it really that big of a deal?" I can't help but say. Rob looks at me in shock.

"Of course it is! I'm going to befriend someone I've loved for god knows how long!"

"You have never experienced love before, Vikk. You wouldn't understand," Brandon explains. I shrug. I don't really care about things like this. I'm just not interested.

After a couple more classes, I head to my locker. The day's finally over. It's been a long day. Rob has been ignoring Brandon and I to talk to Preston. I mean, I'm happy for him, but you can't just forget your best friends for someone you just talked to for the first time.