Chapter 2

"Mari-chan, this will be better for us. Keeping our relationship while in high school is harder as you can think. This is for the good of both of us."

"But Tetsu-chan, I don't-" 

"You can live without me, Mari-chan."

"Tetsu-chan, you don't understand! I can't-"

"I have other things to do, and please understand me. Both of us will find it harder to keep in touch if we keep our relatipnship." 

"No! No! I won't let you! I can't! It hurts! Please, Tetsu-chan, let's try to talk and to work it out!" 

"I made up my mind, Mari-chan. Please bear with it." 

"I can't lose you, Tetsu..." 

"Don't worry, time can heal the wounds. One day, you'll forget about me." 

**********
Hurts...It hurts..                                                          

I cough a little to regain my voice and wipe the tears from my eyes using my hands when I heard someone knocking.

"Mari-chan, do you want to talk?" 

Mom. 

"It's alright mom, I'm okay. Don't worry." 

My mom hums in suspicion and I sighed in disappointment. Oh, I'm still me because I still sucks in lying. 

A little comfort from Mom will alwas be helpful. I hesitantly stand up from my bed and slowly opened the door. There stood Mom, who just came home from work, smiling worriedly.

"Are you okay, honey? What happened?" 

She asked as both of us sit down on my bed. I tried to compose myself a bit before answering her question.

"I don't know, mom. I'm too...heartbroken to tell you what happened."

My mom instantly knows what and who am I talking about as she holds both of my hands gently, giving it a supportive squeeze.

"It's Tetsuya-kun, isn't?" 

Daggers flying right through my heart and it hurts like heck when she mentioned his name.

"He's also attending on Seirin. And he even join in basketball club like me. The moment I see him on gym, it was too painful that I though I would collapsed so I run away." 

"Do you realize what is it, Mari-chan? It's destiny! There are many schools in Tokyo to attend to, but both of you attended the same school! And not to mention both of you are in the same club!"

"Mom." 

"Your story hasn't ended yet. It's up to the both of you to continue it like before, or ignore it like it's in infinite hiatus." 

"It's all over." 

My mom sighed. "Then if it's all over, you should be brave to welcome him in your life again. You're on the same school, and you can't avoid him either. Just continue on what are you doing before."  

"I can't." 

"You can." 

"Mom-" 

"High school is new life, right?" 

"Uh.." 

"I believe in you, sweet pie. New life means "rekindling your friendship with Tetsuya-kun". Don't mind all the pain and wounds you've been through. It's all gone and past now."